𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈 ; 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐒, 𝐖𝐀.

CHAPTER I

CHAPTER I ―

FORKS, WA!

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐒, 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑-𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐒. The small town had a population of 3,120 that was now switched to 3,122 when the small Elliot family moved into town.

Nora Elliot, daughter to William John Elliot and his wife, Elise Elliot, who had recently passed away with their youngest daughter, Violet, in a car accident that left a permanent reminder on Nora's skin.

For the last year and a half, William struggled to make ends meet. The past medical bills of the accident had left him utterly broke, forcing him to go from job to job. They'd taken the house and pretty much everything they'd owned, besides the lavish BMW William had gotten as a replacement from the insurance company... but nothing would replace the loss they felt. Money couldn't buy back happiness.

And just when William thought nothing could go right, he had gotten transferred to Forks Police Department as a new deputy due to the last one going missing.

Of course, the move was hard. It always was, especially when Nora made friends and had to leave them... William often wondered how bad of a father he was. He moved his daughter almost every six months to a year, never finding anyplace stable and for once in his life since the death of his wife and their youngest daughter, William was going to do everything in his power to make sure they stayed in Forks, Washington.

Nora didn't remember much of the accident because of the blunt force trauma and was told by multiple doctors that it may come back in glimpses, but they doubted she would ever recover from it fully. Although, the scars on her skin said otherwise and they were a constant reminder of what happened. A constant tug at her skin when she'd lift her arms, a painful permanent reminder of that night...

She yearned to see her little sister again. To see her mom making pancakes at the stove and her father sipping his coffee from the cheesy "#1 Dad" mug she painted as a third-grade art assignment, smiling happily at his wife. Nora Elliott would've given up anything to see her family whole again...

With the struggling bills, Nora had quickly given up her lavish lifestyle of "no job until eighteen", finding herself working at local diners, bookstores, anything to bring in the extra money her father always denied, but when a bill would come in with a 'FINAL NOTICE' that money was handy.

She would have to find herself a new job, Nora thought. Probably another diner job if Forks had one. She frowned. Who named a town after a piece of silverware? Nora kept her question to herself, not wanting her father to be displeased. He always tried his hardest and Nora wasn't going to knock him down a peg, he was only trying his best and his best interest was always his child's.

Forks would be their home now, and Nora hoped that it would be their last stop, but she didn't count on it. Grief would always catch up to them, somethings reminding both of them of the ones they lost and after all, nothing was keeping them there...

At least, that's what Nora thought as she looked around her new home. It was a faded yellow older home with white trim, almost Victorian style and not bad looking. A slightly large kitchen with an archway leading to the dining room. The movers had already put the furniture in the house, boxes scattered everywhere and Nora found herself wandering to her room.

Upstairs and the last door on the right was Nora's room with light pink walls and brown wood floors, quite cute in her opinion. It was facing the Northside of the house, facing the road where she could see anyone coming to their house. A nice nook in front of the windows facing the road, small cushions to make it comfier than just wood. Whilst her father was grabbing the bags, Nora stood in front of the window that had a white lace curtains covering it, holding the framed picture of her entire family grinning with Mickey Mouse ears on, her favorite memory from when they'd gone to Disneyland, in her hands as she took in the scenery in front of her.

It was green like everything was in Forks. Almost like a green alien planet, she mused. But nevertheless, it was pretty, even with the constant overcast. She liked the rain, even as a child she fell asleep to it very easily, like a soothing lullaby. And her mother had always told her that when it rained, it was the angel's ways of crying and she believed her.

Maybe it was time for a change, a good change. Perhaps this would be the new town they'd call home... Nora just hoped that for once in her life, something would be permanent since the accident...

・゚: *・゚:*