𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕 ; 𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐘.

CHAPTER V 

HE'S LONELY!

HE'S LONELY!

"'𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐘? 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄? 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐒... 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄?'" Mr. Elrond, the young English teacher, recited the line from memory, the quote that could only belong to Bram Strokers 'Dracula'. Nora stared in awe as she continued to recite the chapter.

The next few weeks had gone by in Forks, and surprisingly Nora and her father were getting used to it. Days at school were long and boring; besides the fact that Candice and her group of friends always made sure to include the small brunette. Occasionally in the afternoons, when Nora's father came home early enough, they'd go down to the diner in town and enjoy a meal, talking about their dad and even running into Chief Swan occasionally.

Weekends were long and often involved with Nora sitting at home in her bedroom and unpacking, or doing homework, something to keep her mind from thinking too much. And sometimes, when Nora knew her father wouldn't be home until late, she'd curl up on the couch and watch soapy shows or sad movies that made her sob her sensitive heart out.

The Cullen's kept their distance and Nora admired that, even if it hurt a little. What surprised her more was the fact that Edward was there one day and gone the next. In fact, Nora noticed that they were gone here and there throughout the month. Candice had explained that Doctor Cullen and his wife liked to pull them out of school to enjoy the great outdoors on the gorgeous days. Nora had thought that was slightly unfair, but oh well, she was just jealous.

Emmett had occasionally talked to her, giving her high-fives or a bright smile, but other than that, he was pretty quiet. It stung Nora slightly to watch their perfect selves, knowing that she was just another student now, nothing special. A week or two had satisfied them and now, she had just been another person infatuated with them.

And then it was the beginning of a new week, Nora found herself watching the English teacher narrating the story of Dracula aloud to them. It absorbed Nora and moved her. In fact, it made her forget about everything around her as she began to read ahead in the copy she had gotten, completely absorbed in the book she had already read before.