𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ; 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀, 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄.

CHAPTER VIII

BELLA, MEET CANDICE!

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓, 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃, and Nora had to admit she missed feeling wanted. Feeling anything besides this burning guilt and sadness that ate away at her. It's been nearly two weeks since the incident in the lunchroom, and Candice had been nice enough to not question what'd happened, but Nora could practically feel her eyes boring into her, trying to figure it out.

Although they'd left her alone, she still had to sit next to Edward in Biology until the next term. It wasn't exactly easy, either. Half of the time, his amber eyes bored into her, like he saw straight through her; an uncomfortable feeling for Nora. She didn't like the fact that Edward was practically stripping away her armor, the one thing that had protected her for the last few months since the accident. Edward Cullen was beginning to be a pain in her ass.

It was exactly four days of silence when Rosalie Cullen had walked up to her and apologized, a genuine apology from the blonde goddess. It was painfully awkward, needless to say, and as Rosalie began to drone on and on with a long analog, Nora had cut her off. "You weren't wrong, Rose. Emmett was." It was that day that it seemed Rosalie Cullen had gained a new respect for her.

It was a Friday when Nora found herself sitting in the passenger seat of Bella Swan's orange Chevy truck, a loud pop sounded through any time Bella accelerated. To Nora, it was a rolling death trap, but to Bella... it was the best thing ever. It was today that Chief Swan's daughter started her first day at Forks High School, the exact day that Nora found herself explaining to Bella how Forks High School worked.

"It's like every other high school you've ever been to." Nora had explained to Bella, telling her to turn right. "Welcome to Forks High School, Bella." And just like any other day at Forks High, it was dreary and cold.

Nora cringed when the muffler backfired as the truck parked and Bella turned the engine off, a cloud of black smoke behind it. Bella gave Nora a small smile, although it was more of a grimace.

"Nice ride!" A familiar voice called out and Nora's eyes found Tyler leaning against the hood of Lauren's car, eating licorice. A chatter of laughter followed.