➳ 13

"FIRST appointment

"FIRST appointment. You excited?" Dylan asked.

"Yes. We're going to see our baby. I'm so excited. Are you?"

"Absolutely. I'm here with the woman I love. There's no place I'd rather be." He said.

"I love you." Anastasia said, laying her head on his shoulder.

"And I love you." He said, kissing the top of her head.

Anastasia and Dylan sat in the waiting room of the doctor's office, ready for their first appointment. The two were about to see their baby for the first time, and they couldn't be any happier. Anastasia was still nervous about being a a mother, but Dylan was always there to reassure her, telling her she will be the best mother. But she still had her doubts. She didn't want to be the same kind of mother her's was. She was afraid of ending up like her.

"Anastasia? We're ready for you." A nurse called.

Both Dylan and Anastasia stood and walked over to the nurse. Of course they got stares from the people in the waiting room as they walked. Almost everyone there knew who they were. She knew there would be some article written about this later. But it wouldn't be by Giselle. Anastasia knew she wouldn't test her.

"Okay. Wait here, the doctor will be with you shortly." The nurse told.

"Thank you."

The nurse nodded before leaving the room, leaving Anastasia and Dylan alone. A few minutes after, there was a soft knock on the door as the doctor peeked her head.

"Anastasia, nice to see you again," the doctor said, "Congratulations on the pregnancy."

"Oh thank you."

"So, this is the first appointment?"

"Yeah. First one."

"Alright let's get started."

The doctor asked the normal questions, along with doing the normal procedure before getting to the interesting part of the visit. Anastasia laid on the bed with her shirt lifted slightly, allowing the doctor to place cold gel on her stomach. The doctor turned the monitor towards Anastasia and Dylan as she began the ultrasound. As the doctor moved the handle, a small picture popped onto the screen.

Anastasia's breath was taken away.

On the screen a small figure was showed. Dylan and Anastasia were instantly in love with in. Dylan held Anastasia's hand with one of his, and used the other to wipe the single tear that left his eye. The doctor turned on another machine and from it, a faint heartbeat was heard.

"That's the baby's heartbeat," the doctor said, "I assume you'll want pictures?"

"Yes, yes please." Anastasia nodded.

The doctor finished up the ultrasound, handing the pictures to Anastasia. As they walked out of the office, Anastasia held the baby picture in her head, still in awe. Dylan put her arm around her shoulder, and stared at the baby picture with her.

"That's our baby." She whispered.

"Our beautiful baby."