➳ 60

ANASTASIA RUSHED to the hospital

ANASTASIA RUSHED to the hospital. She couldn't believe what Sophia had just told her. Her mind was still processing everything. But she knew one thing for sure, it was a damn miracle. For four years her father had been coma from an accident that killed her mother. She had been loosing all hope that he would ever wake. But now he was awake, and they could finally be a family again. It was all Anastasia wanted.

So there, Anastasia and Dylan sat, outside her father's room, just waiting for the doctor to let her in. They had ask Julia if she could watch Jeremiah until they got home, and she was more than happy to stay there with him. Anastasia just hoped she could go and see her father soon. The wait was killing her.

Finally she heard the click of the door opening, and watched as the doctor came out. Anastasia immediately stood up, waiting for her to say something about her dad.

"Anastasia?"

"Yeah that's me."

"Well the good news is, he's conscious and stable. Well have to keep him here for about a week to make sure everything is alright and so he can adapt properly. His memory is a a bit foggy. Especially about the night of the accident. But other than that he seems to be doing really well," the doctor told her.

"Thank you so much. I appreciate everything you've done for him, for us." Anastasia said.

"Of course. Would you like to see him?"

Anastasia let out a deep breath and nodded, "Yes please."

The doctor smiled and led both Anastasia and Dylan into the room. To her right was the same hospital bed she had been visiting for years. The only difference was, the man laying on it was fully awake.

"Jordan, you're daughter Anastasia is here."

"Anastasia?" Her father lifted his head, his eyes wide as they set on his daughter. A smile crept on his face at the sight of her.

"Hi dad," She said. Anastasia rushed to his side, sitting in the chair right next to his bed. Jordan reached for her hand, holding tightly, the wide smile never leaving his face.

"Hi princess. Oh look at you. So beautiful. You've changed so much," he told her.

"I've missed you so much dad. It's been four years."

"I know sweetheart, I know. You're what, twenty seven now?" Jordan asked. Anastasia just nodded. "Tell me everything I've missed. Who's this young man right here?"

"Dad, this is Dylan. He's my uh, well, today he became my fiancé," Anastasia said.

"Fiancé huh? Things really have changed. Well come here, let me meet you!"

Dylan awkwardly made his way towards Anastasia and her father. "Uh, it's nice to meet you sir. Anastasia has told me a lot about you."

"All good things I hope. So, you guys are getting married huh?"

"Yeah, uh, he actually proposed today. Just before I got the call." Anastasia explained.

"Well congratulations! I'm glad I woke up in time!" Jordan said.

"Mr. Pierce, I would have asked for permission but uh-"

"Nonsense! Given the circumstances that would've been pretty difficult. And please call me Jordan. Mr. Pierce makes me sound old," Jordan told him.

Dylan just nodded and then all of Jordan's attention went back to Anastasia. "Princess you look tired. You should get home and get some rest," Jordan encouraged.

"No, no. We have so much catching up to do," Anastasia said, shaking her head.

"Ana, we will have enough time for that. But it looks like you've had a long and exciting day. You need to rest."

Anastasia just nodded, rising from her seat to place a gentle kiss on her father's forehead. Jordan gave Anastasia's hand one more squeeze before letting it go.

"When you get out, there's someone I want you to meet," Anastasia told him.

"And who would that be?" Jordan asked.

"My son."