Ch. 22 London Road

Haley, Lilly, and I sat on my bed. Jordan and the twins stood just inside the door and William sat in a fold up chair in front of us. His glasses stuck in his shirt pocket.

His bruised face looked sad and painful. I really didn't want to hear what he had to say. I knew about the fight club and why he thought Lance wasn't good enough for me. I really don't know if I could take anymore. The only question I had was for myself.

Why did I think it would be any different here? Did I really think I could trust people here, like they were any different than the people back home. I fooled myself thinking maybe I could let my walls down for once. Was it possible to even break anymore?

I've completely lost myself. Lilly's hand touched mine. Her voice was sweet and soft. "Okay, William. Now tell us why Lance said horrible things, and where he went."

William folded his hands in his lap and looked down. "I told him to. I told him to break it off and stay away from you." He looked up at me with a mix of emotions. "I told him all he would ever do was hurt you, and it was better for you both if he stayed away."

I didn't react. I just stared at William's busted lips as they moved. Since when did I need a protector? Do I look helpless and weak? Maybe I do, but that changes now. Besides, I get the feeling he's not telling everything.

"Look Jess, I know it hurt and he went to far with it. I'm sorry. I gave him my skyline for the week to go to race wars in London. He won't be back for sometime. If he comes back." William dropped his gaze to the floor.

I couldn't say anything. I didn't want to. Haley asked a question for me. "What is race wars and why wouldn't he come back?"

William ran his fingers through his hair. "I told him not to. Race Wars is a big drag race, and my skyline is one of the best. He could win enough to move his mom anywhere he wants,if he places in any of the top five. He has a good chance of winning. I told him to win cash and disappear."

Lilly squeezed my hand, her voice was high pitched with anger. "Why would you do that? Are you an idiot? What if I take your advise and go away?"

William's eyes shot up to meet Lilly's. "I wouldn't let you. I would go find you and bring you back. I'd never let you go."

Lilly's jaw dropped, but then she recovered. "Well then that's what we are going to do. William you're driving!"

My head screamed NO! I don't want him, Abs is dead to me now. My heart is gone and all I have left is a bloody hole. I fall back on my bed and cover my eyes.

"What's the point? Do I really need him? He didn't care if he can just let go like that." I said with a numb voice.

Jordan spoke up. "Then why dose it hurt you every time he is mentioned? I think you love him Jess. Just go with Lilly and William."

Haley nodded. "You know if I go he won't make it back."

I rolled to a sitting position. My blank look made William flinch. "Fine I'll go. I won't drag him back, but I won't you to tell him to be his own man." My gaze was like a slap to William.

He dropped his head. "You go pack a few clothes and get ready. I'll have my car pulled to the front. London road is a good long drive."

The twins never said a word. They both pulled out their phones and started texting away, or what ever those two popular boys do on them. Haley shooed Jordan and the twins out. William following close behind.

"So where is a bag to put your clothes in?" Lilly said with a little more excitement then usual.

"In the closet next to the shoes." I look at her torn between staying and going. I don't want to, but I want to. Is there a small piece of my heart left?

It didn't take long for Lilly to pack my bag and one for her. She was going to 'barrow' my clothes. I don't mind. I really just wanted to stay home at this point. I walked out the front door to the shinny black corvette. William waited with the car door open. I slid into the back seat, giving Lilly the front.

The twins threw our bags in the small trunk, and waved us good bye. Jordan and Haley waved from the top step. Tommy was still sound asleep. It was dark and the lights made everything look eerie. I closed my eyes and let the purr of pure motor lull me to sleep.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I woke up to the sound of giggles and soft chuckles. Great just what I need. Another love sick couple. Lilly looked over her shoulder at me, a huge smile on her face. The sun was up now and her blond hair sparkled in the bright light.

"Oh, you're awake now! You'll never guess what William just did!" She giggled and rolled her eyes.

William had one hand on the wheel and his other hand held Lilly's. "Let me guess, he asked you out?"

"Well, no." She pouted. "I had to ask him, but he said yes!" She laughed and bounced on her seat.

My mood wasn't any better. Everyone is happy now, except me. Will I ever be happy? "That's great Lilly. I'll dance at your wedding."

Lilly smiled at William who just rolled his eyes. "You better." She giggled again.

William finally found his voice. "We are about an hour away now. We should make it in time to see a few runs before Lance races. He says everything is going good."

We sat in silence the rest of the way. My heart started pounding as we turned down a dirt lane with tons of flags and cars in lines on a paved lot. Tents are everywhere, with all kinds of tools and trailers set up. If you are into cars it would be a dream come true. Women posed for pictures with flashy cars. Men walked around looking a motors, taking pictures with phones.

That's when I saw him. Abs shirtless standing beside a dark blue car. His arms wrapped around a half naked girl, and they were kissing. She pulled her leg up to wrap around his waist. They were practically having sex right there. I felt disgustingly jealous.

"Stop!" I yelled. "Stop right here and let me out! Now!"

William pulled over behind a shiny red Lamborghini. Lilly opened the door and I jumped out. I needed air and a lot of if.

"You guys can find me later. I gotta walk for a bit." William just nodded and Lilly hugged me tightly.

"I'll call you when we get parked and see what's going on." Lilly whispered in my ear.

I whispered back. "I really don't care anymore."

She let me go and gave me a sad look before sitting back down and shutting the door. They pulled away heading to the one guy I wanted, no needed, to kill.

"Hey beautiful." A deep voice said behind me. "Can I take your picture with my car. Your body makes my car look one hundred times sexier."

This is what I needed. I smiled and turned around. "Sure thing babe." I said with a hint of sarcasm.

The red Lamborghini was sexy. It had that slick smooth feel. Like it was made for picking up women. The guy wasn't half-bad his self. That's when I saw the sexiest car ever and a tall dark god stood beside it.

"Thanks babe so are you..." He didn't even get to finish. I walked straight over to the other car.

Whistles and cat calls followed me. I couldn't see why, I mean I had on more clothes than all the other girls walking around. My tight jeans and dark blue tank hugged my curves, but compared to all the bikinis and cut-off jeans I was over dressed.

I didn't pay the tall dark guy any attention, as I walked around his car. It was my dream car.

A late 90's viper, painted black with dark blood red racing stripes. O.M.G! I ran my hand down the side. I could marry this car.

"You want to sit in her, baby girl?" The tall dark guy asked in a deep husky voice.

Yep, now my blood is pumping. All I could do was smile and nod. The loud music from all the other cars faded in my ears.

"Get in and I'll take you for a ride." He said as he opened the door for me. I didn't have to be asked twice. All my worries and heartache disappeared as soon as I slid into the seat.