ts-19

Aubrey walked out to the table where everyone was eating breakfast. The first acknowledgement of her presence was a groan from Glenn.

"Rude," she grumbled, dropping down next to him anyway, as T-Dog came bustling in, holding a large pan.

"Eggs. Powdered, but I do 'em good," he boasted.

Glenn moaned and put his forehead on the table.

"I bet you can't tell," T-Dog said.

Dale laughed at Glenn's misery and T-Dog's teasing. Aubrey rubbed Glenn's shoulders as T-Dog dished out the eggs - piling up extra on Glenn's plate.

"Protein helps the hangover," T-Dog informed them, getting another moan from Glenn.

"Hey, Aubrey?" Glenn croaked. With his head still down, he looked at her, his face reading nothing but pure misery.

"Yeah?"

"Never let me drink again. Ever."

"You got it," Aubrey laughed, pressing a friendly kiss to Glenn's temple before getting up to grab them each a cup of coffee.

Aubrey looked up when she was joined by Shane.

"Hey," he said to the entire room.

"Hey. Feel as bad as I do?" Rick asked him, struggling to uncap a bottle of aspirin. Lori took it from him and opened it.

"Give a few of those to Glenn," Aubrey said, and Lori obliged.

"Worse," Shane answered.

"What the hell happened to you?" T-Dog asked him, catching sight of the scratches on his neck. Shane exchanged a look with Aubrey.

"I -"

"I scratched him," Aubrey cut him off. "I was having a bad dream and scratched him in my sleep when he came to wake me up," Aubrey explained.

"Oh, so that's who I heard screaming last night," Andrea grumbled.

"Sorry," Aubrey mumbled inaudibly, taking the cups of coffee and sitting down with Glenn again.

"Hey, Doc," Shane greeted as Jenner walked into the room.

"Doctor, I don't mean to slam you with questions first thing in the mornin-"

"But you're going to anyway," Jenner interrupted Dale.

"We didn't come here for the eggs," Andrea said flatly.

Jenner lead them into the big room.
"Give me a playback of TS-19," Jenner said loudly.

"Playback of TS-19," VI repeated.
"Few people ever got a chance to see this. Very few," Jenner said cryptically.
Up on the wall, an oversized display showed varying 3-D views of human skulls.

"Is that a brain?" Carl asked, a mixture of awe and disgust in his voice.

"An extraordinary one. Not that it matters in the end. Take us in for E.I.V."

"Enhanced internal view," VI recited back, changing the screen to the head and upper shoulders of the subject.

The screen skewed to a horizontal view then increased magnification; the image became more and more detailed. The magnification showed the inside of a skull that appeared to be lit with bright blue threads of energy. Some areas were denser with light than others but there were lit threads throughout the skull. The detail zoomed in until the threads became closer and pulses of light could be distinguished.