welcome to the tombs

"They try to drive up to the gate again, maybe some blown tires will stop them," Glenn said, hopping out of the truck bed as they pulled into the courtyard.

Carl and Aubrey had stood in the fenced lane, banging on pots and shouting to drive the walkers to them so he and Daryl could lay down planks of spikes looped in barbed wire.

"That's a good idea," Rick agreed.

"It was Aubrey's," Daryl chimed.

"We don't have to win," Michonne said, announcing her presence.

"We just have to make their getting at us more trouble than it's worth."

Rick looked over at the sound of a gate closing to see Aubrey and Carl joining the group, their pots held at their sides.

"Let's go," Rick said, leading the group back into the safety of the prison.

"Hey," Daryl called, approaching Glenn as he messed with the rusted bars of a door. Shrugging off his crossbow, he lifted a chain that was in Glenn's way. "He say he was sorry yet?"

Glenn said nothing, padlocking the two doors and stepping back.

"Cause he is."

Glenn shook his head and picked up a flat of empty glass bottles.

"He's gonna make it right," Daryl continued. "I'm gonna make him. There's gotta be a way. Just needs to be a little forgiveness is all."

At this, Glenn stopped and stood in front of Daryl, chewing on his words.

"He tied me to a chair, beat me, and threw a walker in the room. Maybe I could call it even, but he..." Glenn swallowed, his eyes briefly turning downwards before meeting Daryl's again. "He took Aubrey to a man who terrorized her, humiliated her. I care more about her than I care about me."

With that said, he went back to ripping up cotton cloths. Daryl picked up his crossbow and walked away.

Glenn found Aubrey standing outside near the picnic tables, her dark eyes narrowed against the golden sun as she looked out beyond the fences. She looked over her shoulder at the sound of his footsteps.

"Hey," they said in unison.

"Carl was looking for you," Aubrey informed him, turning away from the sun.

"He found me," Glenn nodded, coming to a stop in front of her. "Uh...just, one more thing before that."

"Yeah?"

"I love you, Aubrey. Who knows if we'll make it to the end of the week, but I love you, more than anything."

"I love you, too," she smiled, her hand circling his as they kissed.

Together, they joined Carl, Hershel, Beth, Carol and Judith for Rick's meeting. The man himself walked in moments later. Aubrey furrowed her eyebrows at the way he appeared to be struggling with something.

"When I met with the Governor, he offered me a deal. He said - he said he would leave us alone if I gave him Michonne. And I was gonna do that... to keep us safe. I changed my mind. But now Merle took Michonne to fulfill the deal and Daryl went to stop him and I don't know if it's too late. I was wrong not to tell you, and I'm sorry. What I said last year, that first night after the farm...it can't be like that. It can't. What we do, what we're willing to do, who we are, it's not my call. It can't be. I couldn't sacrifice one of us for the greater good because we are the greater good. We're the reason we're still here, not me. This is life and death. How you live... how you die - it isn't up to me. I'm not your Governor. We choose to go. We choose to stay. We stick together. We vote. We can stay and we can fight or we can go."