well water

"Hey," Aubrey greeted, announcing her presence as she walked up behind Glenn. "Got a pharmacy run, you in or out?"

"Um, sure," he started to say, when they both turned to Dale as he asked Maggie about the water situation.

"Got five wells on our land. House draws directly from number one, number two wells right overe there, " they looked to where she was pointing. "We use it for the cattle but it's just as pure. Take what you need."

"I'll go saddle up the horses," Aubrey said, turning to walk away.

"Horses?"

Aubrey turned back to him, smirking.
"Yeah? Come on, I'll show you."

Together they made their way down to Hershel's stable. A few feet away, she stopped and turned to him.

"Are you nervous?"

"Yes."

"Well, stop it. Horses feed off of bad energy."

"Okay?" Glenn puzzled, as she walked into the stable. He followed her, and immediately, three horses raised their heads over their stall doors at the sound of their foot steps.

"See, I was talking to Hershel about his horses. The chestnut is Nelly, but she's pretty nervous so she wouldn't be good for you, the grey is Dante, and the bay is Miah," she told him, pointing to every horse that she mentioned.

Glenn watched as she took the grey horse and the dark brown horse from their stalls and tied them up. She showed him how to pick their hooves, put on and secure the saddle, and put on the bridle.

Noticing his uncertainty, Aubrey stopped him as he went to get on.
"Maybe you should take Dante, and I'll take Miah. Females have a bit more attitude," she laughed, putting her foot in the stirrup and sitting herself in the saddle.

"You're telling me," she heard Glenn mutter as he got on.

Aubrey swiveled her upper body and looked at him with her eyebrow raised and a smirk on her face.

"What was that?"

"Um," he started, but she had already turned around and was chuckling to herself. When she dug her heels into the horses belly, Glenn copied the movement and the horses walked forward.

"Hold on," Lori called, as Aubrey was about to jump down and open the gate.

"Here's your list," she said, handing the paper up to the girl.

"And, um," she muttered, reaching into her back pocket and taking out another folded piece of paper.
"There's one other item I need, I wrote it down separately. It's personal, so I need you to be real discreet about that, ok?" Lori asked, lowering her voice.

It didn't matter, Glenn was too busy being towed around by his grazing horse to hear.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. C'mon, Glenn."

"What? Oh, right. Come on, Dante," he said, struggling to pull the horse's head up from the ground.

Smiling, she went to make a clicking sound with her tongue when Dale's shouting from the field made her stop. Abandoning the horses, they leapt off and jogged to where they stood, along with Shane, Andrea, Maggie and T-Dog.

They peered down into the well and saw the slimy, bloated walker inside.
"Looks like we've got us a swimmer," Dale said, shining a flashlight on it. It attempted to climb the walls, but they were equally as slimy.

"How long do you think it's been down there?" Glenn asked.

"Long enough to grow gills," Aubrey remarked.