Part 4: the unexpected

Max's POV;

Ok ok, I know it was a little sudden what I did to Will, he looked really shocked after I kissed his beautiful soft lips. I could tell he was shocked, I had been studying his face for a long while now, his beautiful precious face.

"Max wha- why did yo- uh wow," he stuttered.

I grew a bit nervous;

" Wow I mean um- if you don't feel the same way that's totally fine I'm just so sorry."

"Max haven't you heard? I'm a faggot." He chocked out.

"Yeah but I didn't think the rumours were true," I asked, growing anxious.

He just sighed and shook his head.

The rumours were true. What I tried to deny since I met Will was the rumours going around that he was gay, that he was fag. I'm so fucking dumb. This poor kid, he doesn't like me, never has never will. I turned around and bolted home.

Will's POV;

Once Max was out of sight I fell back as a tear rolled down my cheek. Not just the fact that I hurt one of my closest friends, she had gone and stolen my first kiss, Mike's kiss.

An hour later;

I walked in my door as I see Mum standing by the phone pacing frantically. As she saw me she gasped and dropped the phone, running to me.

"Will where the hell have you been!!! I've been worried sick!" She cried as she ran towards me and gave me a huge hug.

"I'm sorry I was just uh- um-"

"I looked everywhere for you!!! After everything that's happened, I don't know what to think anymore-"

"Mum it's okay, I'm safe," I said as I wiped a tear from her cheek.

"Well good, because I'm not the only one that's been worried," as she said that Mike walked out from the bathroom, clearly been crying, half running, half walking made his way to me as he gave me a huge hug;

"Will I'm so happy your okay! I felt like this whole thing has been my fault, I should have checked on you."

It felt like fireworks where going off. Mike Wheeler, the love of my life that doesn't know it yet, has just come and hugged me. Hugged me! I gripped onto to him as long as I could without making it awkward, wow.

Mikes POV;

I wiped my eyes as I looked in Will's mirror at my tear stained cheeks. I'm such a fucking moron, I should have been there, I should have followed him. He was gone, probably dying in the Upside Down. It was all my fault. He needs me whether he likes it or not, and I need him. I tried to make it less-noticeable that I was crying and wiped my eyes with the bath-towel. Just then I heard the door open and noticed that beautiful, calming voice of his talking outside. I didn't care how I looked then. I ran out of the bathroom and into Will's arms, crying out about how he was safe. Shit, was that too much? He seemed to enjoy it, good. Great. 

An hour later;

We sat on the side of Will's bed as he tried to console me telling me that he was okay. I still couldn't get over it. I'm such a bad friend.

"M-mike can I tell y-you something? He stuttered clearly getting nervous, I look at him basically saying I'm all ears,

"You have to promise you won't tell anybody, ever in your whole entire life unless it's okay by me, got it?" He was obviously crying now.

"I won't tell anybody. I promise," I said as I rubbed his back,

"I-I'm gay." He chocked out.

"I know."