Part 8: saved me

Will's POV;
"You what?" I gasped, sucking in air as I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Was this heaven? I might've died from Troy and this was the afterlife. If this was heaven, it was pretty damn amazing, but this was real, everything that was happening now was real life. Mike Wheeler had just confessed his love for me, Mike Wheeler! The boy I had dreamt of every night I closed my eyes. The boy that I met in kindergarten all those years ago that asked me to be his friend. The boy who helped me save up for a bike. The boy that helped me get home after I broke my finger after falling off the bike he helped me pay for. The boy who helped me escape from everything that was happening at my house with my father. That boy was Michael Wheeler who had just said he loved me.
"I tried to deny it for so many years, thinking it was just a phase. I thought I was being stupid, I couldn't love my best friend could I? But turns out it was no phase it was true love." Mike explained.
I got up and ran into his arms. We hugged. We just hugged for what felt forever, feeling satisfied in each other's arms. After about 5 minutes we looked into each other's eyes as I felt his lips against mine. As he let go I felt a tear fall on my cheek. This was not a sad tear. It was a happy tear. I had never cried out of happiness before, this is what it felt, like fireworks, like the whole world revolves around you. I've cried a lot of sad tears, over what my father used to call me, but this was different. Mike grew alarmed.
"Will are you ok? Was it something I said?" He stuttered.
"No everything's fine, everything's great actually," I said sniffling but smiling, "Everything's just, it's just p-perfect," I said as I wrapped myself around mike again, feeling safe against him.
"I'm sorry for what happened to you I sh-should've helped you," stuttered Mike.
"Mike, you did all you could, and that's what I'm grateful for, you saved me." I told him.
"I love you William Byers," he said.
"I love you too Michael Wheeler,"