Chapter 3

III : HARDWORKING"Self-study is way better than that

III : HARDWORKING
"Self-study is way better than that."

Chapter 3

We have a quiz in Math today. Winwin keeps calling my name. I cannot concentrate well. He kicked the foot of my arm chair. I glared at him. He pointed his paper.

"How can I answer this?" he mouthed. I shrugged, i don't know either. It is very confusing.

"Psst!" Haechan called. I looked at him and he is pointing his lips to somewhere. I saw my math teacher walking around to check. Everyone gasped as they saw the exchange student stood up from his seat and gave his test paper to our teacher. She scanned the paper of the boy and smiled.

"You can have a break," she said. Did he just made our math teacher impressed?

10 minutes later before everyone passed their own papers. Good luck, Lia! That's what I get for studying too much. I understand everything but i just forgot how to solve it.

"Hmp!" Winwin whined. He's being bitchy today. It looks like he's having a bad day. He doesn't talk that much. I cannot believe that he's reading his math book during break time. I poked his shoulder and he glanced at me.

"Yes?"

I wrote on the first page of the book and gave it to him. "We still got 1 month before exam."

"I know, i just want to read," he said. I just nodded. It's weird. I didn't know that he cares about his grade. Most of the time, he just let his grades fall. I think his parents doesn't mind. I heard Winwin is from a rich family, he's still rich wether he has a high grade or low grade. Nothing will change.

Well, i'm not sure. I've never seen his house. I've never met his parents too. It is not like i don't want to but he never invited me even once. We always celebrate his birthday outside, just the two of us. Isn't weird? I don't know why I trust this man beside me.

"Jaemin," i mouthed. I saw the table in front of me, he's sitting there alone. He looked at his both sides before looking at me, giving me a confused look.

"Why don't we join him," i gestured to Winwin. His eyes were darted to my hands. "Join who?" he asked. I pointed my lips towards the person who I am talking to. Winwin didn't answer but he just gave me a glare [?]

I stole his book and wrote something on its first page "He can help you with that." I thought he will approve at my idea but no, he just gave me a poker face.

"Self-study is way better than that," he stated. I had no choice but to stay at my seat and wait until the break time ends.

"Boomin' system up up, ty track, ty track~" I almost throw my bag to Haechan. He keeps singing that song for 25 minutes straight. We are here in our classroom, waiting for our teacher to come.

I gestured him to stop but he keeps annoying me. He signaled me to come near him. At first, i didn't follow him but he said he'll whisper something to me. I went to him and lower down my head.

"Boomin' system up up, ty track, ty track~" he whispered. I twisted his ears. "Ow ow! Stop," he whined. Mark laughed at him. He repeatedly taps my hand and he looked at his right, trying to say something. I stopped when I saw Winwin looking at us weirdly. It is like we disturbed him from his 'self-study'.

"What's with the look, Winwin?" he asked while massaging his ear. Winwin didn't answer him, instead he pointed my seat. I get it. I went back to my seat.

*

We sat on a bench while waiting for mom. He's holding his book again. I hope he'll not tell it to mom. I don't know but my parents doesn't want me to be friends with the other boys. Mom only trusts one boy and it's Winwin, my bestfriend, nothing more else.

I poked him but he didn't bother to look at me.

"Your mom texted me, she said she's already here," he said. He stood up and carried my bag. My hand sweats badly, don't tell me he's going to say it. When we reached the parking lot, we saw the car. He opened the front door for me but I didn't enter there. Instead, i sat on the back seat, he looked at me confused.

"Sweetie, why are you sitting there?" mom asked. I didn't answer her. Winwin sat beside me and he opened his book.

"How's school?" she asked. I gave her a thumbs up. I looked at Winwin, who's busy reading his book. I poked him. "Don't read while the vehicle is running, it's bad." I gestured. He heaved a sigh and closed his book.

"Winwin, how's school?" My heart thumped faster than before when I heard mom asked Winwin. I looked at the rear-view mirror and I saw her waiting for my bestfriend's answer. I immediately gave her a thumbs up.

"I'm talking about Winwin, honey," she said. I looked at Winwin who's now looking at me. Please don't tell her.

"Everything's fine, mom," he answered. I exhaled and sat comfortably to my seat. Yes mom, everything is fine.

"Are you sure?" she asked. I gave her a thumbs up, she just smiled.

"Good. I'm very thankful that we have you, Winwin. Thank you." I suddey want to throw up. This scene is very formal. She's thanking my bestfriend for being here with me all the time. Well yes, I'm very thankful that he came in to my life. Without him, I will not be confident.

"No problem, mom," he answered. That made me smile. My bestfriend always respects my parents. He even calls my own father 'dad'. My parents treat him like he is a part of the family. Well, i don't treat him that way. I just don't see him as my brother. I see him as a friend, my bestfriend.

To be continued..