Chapter 10

X : CAUGHT"If only glares can kill, I'm probably dead by now

X : CAUGHT
"If only glares can kill, I'm probably dead by now."

Chapter 10

Finally he came in while smile was plastered on his face. He stood up in front and greeted us all.

"Good morning class!" he greeted. Everyone stood up and greeted him back.

"You may now take a seat," We all took a seat. Nana is still sitting beside me. Luckily, the girl who's originally sitting there didn't mind. In fact, she gladly offered his seat to him.

"I have an announcement. For sure, all of you will be happy about this news so I am asking for your mouth to be zipped until I'm done here," he said. We all became silent. I am silent for years anyways.

"We're going to have.." he roamed his eyes around the classroom and smiled. We leaned closer to hear what he is going to announce.

"..a mini celebration for my birthday," everyone sighed. I thought it's something important.

"Aren't you happy? We're all going to have a pool party," he chuckled. Take note, he is my adviser and I admit that he's really cool. Other studens treat him as their own friends but when the class started, everything will be normal again. Teacher and students.

I heard he's celebrating his birthday twice. With his family and with the class he's holding. Cool.

Everyone's eyes glittered.

"It's on Saturday. Please don't tell anyone. I hope this will not reach the office. We're going out as a group of friends, not as a teacher and a student, okay?" he said. Everyone nodded.

"Oh, are you going to attend the party?"  Nana asked me. Will I attend that party? I don't have any swimming attire anyways. We rarely go to resorts and I don't know how to swim.

I shooked my head. No, I'm not.

"No? Aw! Why not?" he whined. Swimming is not my style Nana.

[Chicken is not my style ;)]

"If you're not going then I better not to go too," he sadly said. I picked up the scratch paper and wrote 'why?'.

"I don't have any friends except you, remember?" he said. I nodded. Poor Nana, he doesn't have any friends.

'Use your charms, Nana. It's not hard to be friends with you. Everyone will love you.' i wrote.

He playfully pushed my arms. He hid his face between his palms. Okay stop. Nana is acting cute!

I clicked my tongue. He's so naughty.

"Eh! Can you just please come with me? Please?" he put his both hands together. He blinked a lot of times. I sighed.

"What does 'hay' mean?" he's talking about my sigh. I have no choice but to come. I pity him. He's a new student and I think he deserves a little bit of fun.

I nodded. A big grin was plastered on his face.

"Lili cannot resist Nana's charms~" he sang repeatedly.

First two subjects ended and it's already break time. Nana and I went to the canteen. He treated me a snack today. He told me it was for accepting his request.

"If only glares can kill, I'm probably dead by now," I didn't mind him. He's talking nonsense since he sat up on his chair. I keep throwing him a questioning look lately but I think he didn't noticed it.

"It's stupid," he blurted out. He's not looking anywhere but only on his murdered pasta.

"I don't get it. Why did you listen to her?" He looked at me, eyebrows were furrowed. I can hear the curiosity in his words. Honestly, I don't even know why. I just felt that the idea of avoiding him sounds right yet painful.

I shrugged.

He snorted. "Girls are really difficult to understand," he shooked his head and took a bite of sandwich that he is holding.

"Lia!" someone called. I saw Mark pointing something numerous times. I followed what he's pointing. And there's Winwin.. walking away.. exiting the cafeteria.. with his fist crumpled.

I turned back my gaze to their table. Renjun ran outside while Haechan is remaining on standing, following them by look.

"What happened?" Nana asked while looking at the door. I shrugged. I don't even know why.

"Aren't you going to follow him?" he asked. I furrowed my eyebrows. Why would I? I don't have any connection about what happened to them between his friends.

"Lia!" Mark called again. He signaled me the doorway. Should I follow him? Of course! He's your bestfriend, Lia. You have to know if he's fine.

I stood up from my seat. I looked at Nana and he nodded. It looks like he already expect that I'm going to follow Winwin.

I exited the canteen. I scratched my nape. Where could he possibly went?

I roamed around the hallway. He's not there. I met Renjun in the field. I stopped in front of him. I fiddled my fingers, trying to think how can he understand what I am going to ask to him.

"Ahm.." he confusedly looked at me. I scratched the back of my head, trying to think a final decision. Should I do it?

"Yes, Lia?" he asked calmly.

I bit my lip, confused on how to tell what I wanted to say.

"He's in the tree house.." he was smiling when he answered. I smiled at him.

I walked away from him and went to the tree house. I can see him from here. I stopped from climbing when I heard another voice. They suddenly became quiet. I continued climbing and took a peek but I suddenly regretted it.

I fastly climbed down and ran away from them. I straightly went to our classroom. Our teacher is already there. She sighed when she saw me. I'm late again just like yesterday.

I roamed my eyes around the classroom when I finally took a seat. Two chairs are empty.

Luckily they didn't caught me watching them. How can they know anyways? They're too busy having a sweet moment. They were smiling. And it seems like they like being together. Well, fine. If that's what he likes.