Chapter 15

XV : FUN"I will not be surprised if one day, he totally forgets about my existence

XV : FUN
"I will not be surprised if one day, he totally forgets about my existence."

Chapter 15

— THIRD PERSON'S
VIEW —

Lia remained silent inside her room as she watches how the dead leaves fall unto the ground. Since she went back from that party, she never went outside of her room. She turned down the picture frame above her desk and let it like that.

It was their family picture.

She shut her eyes tightly as she recall the things that happened few days ago.

-

THROWBACK

While she was hugging his best friend, she took a glimpse of the couple behind Winwin. At first, she was just staring like them as if they were a blur. But then her eyes focused on them as she slowly recognized the two.

It was her dad and her woman.

Lia tightened her grip to his shirt as she watch her dad smiling to the woman she saw when she was at 5. Her heart rips as she watches her dad seems like enjoying. And now, her gaze went down to the kid they're with. Based on her estimation, the little girl is around 7 years old.

Seeing her dad with another woman made her heart shattered. It wasn't because she is hurt for herself. But because she is hurt for her mother.

Her mom who always expects for her dad to come home. But her dad would always tell them that he's too busy with his business trip.

So this is the business trip he was talking about.

-

She held the frame on her desk and furiously throws it on the floor. It immediately created a shattering sound which made her heart satisfied.

That incident in the resort.

That was her nightmare.

And that was her nightmare since she was at the age of 5.

The reason why she doesn't speak is not because she is a mute.

She is not a mute.

She was just afraid.

She was in trauma.

That's why she never spoke again.

She wasn't shocked when the door banged as it widely opened. Her mom stood up in there and panicked as she saw the state of her daughter. From the pieces of frames on the floor up to her face that is suffering. Her mom already knows what happened.

"L–Lia..." she stuttered as she call her daughter's name. She knew. She knew it all. She just doesn't speak. She played dumb for years. Her mother did it because she was afraid. Afraid that Lia wouldn't speak again. But now that Lia had found out, her mom doesn't know what will happen next.

"M–mom..." she hiccuped as she reached for her arms. She softly hugged her as if she's comforting her. Her mom broke down in tears.

"You're s–speaking... L–Lia..." her mom cried.

"Yes, m–mom. I am... I am."

-

Lia was awakened because of the vibration of her phone on her desk. Her eyes squinted as the light of her phone reflects her eyes.

48 messages and 23 missed calls

It was from Winwin.

She smirked and put it back on the top of her desk. After 5 days, he would call me? Really? Lia turned off her phone and went back to sleep. She's annoyed.

So damn annoyed.

"Are you sure you're okay now?" The next morning, she went to the kitchen to tell to her mother that she's already going to school.

"Yes." she answered.

Her mom smiled. "'My honey's voice is so beautiful." she embraced her daughter. Lia smiled as she lightly tap the back of her mom.

"I'll go now, mom." she told her.

"It feels good to be called 'mom'." her mom sighed. Here we go again with all of these dramatic stuff.

"I know what you're thinking, Lia. Alright. Are you sure you wanted to use your bike on your way to school?"

"Yes, mom."

-

LIA.

As I entered our classroom, my eyes quickly looked for him. But then I found nothing but an empty seat on his chair. I pulled the strap of my bag and went straightly to my seat. Just in time, Jaemin went after me. When our eyes locked together, he smiled.

"Hi, Lia!" he greeted me. I just smiled back.

"What happened to you? My whole week was boring without you. You see? I don't have any friends here but only you!" he rolled his eyes as if he's really disappointed.

My mind is very hesitant. Should I speak? What would be his reactions? Would he get shock or something?

I was about to speak when my attention got caught by the familiar voices that just entered our room. My gaze quickly pierced to the door and my eyes automatically find for him.

He is laughing together with Haechan and Mark. And it seems like he was very happy while I am away.

I smiled bitterly.

Yna was right. Maybe I am the reason why he is holding back. He seems very funny and naughty when I wasn't still his friend. But then it all changed when I came in to the stage.

He didn't even called me right after the party. When I was sick, he never called me. Probably, he's busy having fun with his friends.

I will not be surprised if one day, he totally forgets about my existence.

-

Shortest chapter so far!
Few more chapters to go before this book ends. I cannot believe that I will be able to finish one. Hahahahaha! See you :)