Chapter 16

XVI : TRAUMA"Don't call me that!"

XVI : TRAUMA
"Don't call me that!"

Chapter 16

—THIRD PERSON'S
VIEW—

Jaemin and Lia decided to go to the cafeteria together. She didn't wait for Winwin because she knows that the boy will not come to her. He didn't even spare a glance for her. And that thing made her hurt.

"What do you wanna eat, Lia?" Jaemin asked her. She boringly stared at the list of foods of the cafeteria. To be honest, she doesn't have an appetite to eat. She just went here with Nana because she doesn't want Winwin to see her that she's sad and alone.

"Hey, Lia!" he flicked his fingers in front of her face. Lia flinched.

"Uh... p–pizza." He nodded.

After Jaemin ordered, he followed Lia, who guided him the way towards the empty chairs and table. When he is about to give her the paper bag of pizza, he suddenly paused. He just realized something that he cannot believe.

"L–Lia..." the girl looked at her.

"Hmm?" she hummed as she munches down her pizza.

"You can s–speak?" She stopped from eating and slowly nodded.

Jaemin's jaw fell. "A–Awesome!"

-

"Woah... I still can't believe that I am hearing your voice right now..." Jaemin grinned. Lia stopped from walking as she stares weirdly at him. He just chuckled. "What?"

"I shouldn't have told you."

He frowned. "Why?"

"Because you're talking about that since we had our break."

"Why? Can't I just be happy for you?" he asked.

On the other hand, Winwin is taking a glance with the two students in front of him. He wonders why she is smiling again. He recalled what happened to the last day they've been together. She preferred going with Jaemin than me.

-

LIA.

I took the bicycle in the field and simply ride on it. I was about to go out from the school gate when a familiar voice called my name. "Lia!" he called.

I looked back and saw Jaemin jogging towards me. "Wait for me!" he shouted. I stopped from stepping the pedal and waited for as he had said.

He caught his breath as he successfully went closer to me. "Are you already going home?" he asked me.

"Yeah."

He grinned. "Can I come with you?"

"Huh? Where? In our house?"

He blinked. "Why? Do you live to other places besides your house?" he sarcastically smiled.

I stared at him for a moment before I stepped on the pedal of the bicycle. Jaemin quickly pulled the tail, which made me stopped from going.

"I was just kidding, Lia!" he pouted. "Can you give me a ride?"

-

"TSK! NA JAEMIN, I WILL BLAME YOU IF WE GET CRASHED BECAUSE OF YOUR–" I wasn't able to finish my words when I felt his fingers poked my side.

"NA JAEMIN!" I screamed. I just heard his laugh from behind. He is wiggling around since he ride my bike and I wouldn't doubt if later on, we'll crash.

I continued driving my bike despite of the weight that hinders myself to drive faster.

"Lia, be careful." Jaemin's tone went serious as I continue to step on faster.

"Hey! Hey! Calm down!" he keeps reminding me. I tried to slow down my speed, however it became hard for me. I kept pressing the brake but it won't work.

"J–Jaemin..." I mumbled.

The next thing I knew, I heard a loud horn.

-

— THIRD PERSON'S
VIEW —

Both of them crashed in the grass field when Lia saw a car. Jaemin was rushing to stand up and help Lia to get up. Her face was tensed because of what happened. As she looked up, she saw Jaemin's hand lending for her.

"Lia, are you okay?" she heard him asked her.

She didn't respond.

The driver of the car quickly went out and run towards the two.

"Are you guys okay?" the man asked.

Jaemin glanced at the man and nodded. "Yes, sir." Meanwhile, Lia's gaze remained on the man.

"L-Lia..." the man called.

"Darling!" She switched her gaze to the place where that voice came from.

Her fist quickly balled as soon as she saw her.

"L-Lia, I'm–"

"Jaemin, let's go!" she stood up her bike and ride on it. Her friend looked at her confused for her sudden decision. She looked scared... and angry.

"Lia, my daughter..."

She raised her palm on the air, "DON'T." she hardly gulped. "DON'T CALL ME THAT!"

Jaemin remained silent in his place. When he saw the tears that is slowly forming in her eyes, he knew to himself that he got to do something.

"L–Lia?!" her dad exclaimed. Since the years had passed, he never heard her daughter speak. Little did he know that it was all his fault.