01

Xiyeon POV

~

"Are you sure you don't want to go Xiyeon? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!" Mom's voice came through my phone.

"Mom!" I whined. "I said I'll think about it. I want to finish high school first and go to that interview for the veterinarian job,"

"Yah, what's up with you and the animals? They are vicious and disgusting!" Mom laughed.

"No they're not! They just want love! My love!" I slapped my hand down in defense on the countertop I was currently sitting at. I live with my roommate in a dorm near my high school.

"Haha, you always know how to make me laugh. Such a sweetheart." Mom said, causing me to smile.

Suddenly the door bell rang, signaling that I had to get off the phone. I sucked my teeth. "I have to go Mom. Bye. Love you~." I dragged out the you as I hung up the phone.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I walked to the door. I stomped to the door. I knew it was my roommate, Yuha. "FE FI FO FUNG! I SMELL THE BLOOD OF YUUHH--!" I yanked open the door to be faced with not Yuha but a older boy, my landlords son also one of my school mates. He was in college.

My mouth went straight and I quickly bowed as low as I could. "Mianhae, I've mistaken you for my--."

"Save it. I'm just here for the rent," He impatiently sighed, holding his hand out.

"Ah. Yes. Mianhae, I'll go get it," I secretly have this giant crush on him. It started in 10th grade.

I quickly got the envelope from the top of the fridge and ran back to the front door. "Here it is-- oh okay, just snatch it from my hands! That's fine!" I forced a laugh. I'm nervous.

He turned to walk away. "But wait Namjoon! I've been meaning to talk to you!" I stepped out of my house and closed the door behind me, wearing plain white ankle socks.

"About what?" Namjoon asked, turning back towards me.

"Uh..," My mind went blank as I stared at his perfect features. My heart raced and I gripped the door knob behind my back to try and settle my nerves.

"Uh..?" Namjoon just stared at me with a blank expression. Is he not at all affected?

"Do you..maybe want to h-hang out sometime?" I bit my lip in anticipation.

Namjoon laughed. At me.

I frowned.

"Xiyeon?"

"Yes??" I raised my eyebrows to signify that I was listening.

"Have you fallen for me?" He asked, staring directly at me.

Heat rose to my face as I nodded slowly. I'd fallen hard for him.

"Should I apply medicine?" Namjoon asked.

"Wh--"

Before I could finish he said with a smirk. "because you're going to get hurt,"

"Why are you like this?" I mumbled and tried my best not to cry.

"Yah, don't go getting emotional. I mean look at how tiny you are compared to me. You're too short. Even now I have to look down on you," Namjoon laughed again, his dimples appearing. How is this funny?

"I-I," there wasn't much I could do about my height. "I have heels!"

"I prefer converse,"

I felt tears well up in my eyes again. It's like he's trying his best to make things close to impossible. Namjoon tried to walk away but I grabbed his hand.