Kit 01

Life has always played fair with me. It gives me just the right amount of pressure and just the right amount pleasure in any form there is.

I don't really mind whatever circumstances happen either. I face them fair and square, and most times, I win. I have a family that loves me for whatever I am becoming, a good set of friends that I keep dear to me, a good school that doesn't really takes up most of my social life.

Maybe these things are the reasons why Life seems to think that adding a little bit of a distraction is good for me. I don't really complain, and seriously, this new addition spices up my life.

And this is our story.

*********************
"Hey, dude. Did you submit your manual for last week's laboratory experiment?"

"Oh shoot! Dude, no. Thanks for reminding, though. I hope the professor accepts late submissions."

"My gosh! Girl, you shouldn't be wearing your make-up that way. Wipe it out. I'm gonna save you from embarrassing your face."

"Bitch! You don't get to bitch me, because I'm already a bitch! Lend me a larger mirror, I can't wipe the color from this side."

"Bitch! Give that to me, I will wipe your face. You take forever!"

These are some of the conversations inside the class. If you will ask me, it's pretty normal. We've been in the same class for a year and a half now.

"Ai'Pha, some cute guy is looking for you." a classmate calls from the door. I can see Ai'Yo waving for us from the door. So, though not called, I also stand up to meet my friend.

Ai'Pha wears his usual stoic expression as he walks with me to the door. The moment we reach the one and only cutie Wayo, Ai'Pha smiles fondly at him. He leans down and pecks the shorter one on the cheek. Talk about mood switch. 😒

We hear some people scream. When I turn to look, I can see three girls fanning two of their friends who are happily fainted, blood gushing out of their noses. I mentally giggle. Fujoshis.

Wayo playfully slaps Pha on the chest. "We're at your faculty, Pha."

"I don't care. Let them see. So, your class got cancelled?" he says, fixing a stray hair from the side of Yo's head. I clear my throat to announce my existence and my apparent disagreement to being ignored.

"Oh, Kitty! You're also here! Since when did you come here?" Wayo beams, poking my dimples. I slap his stubborn hands, but they keep poking. I give him a bored look.

Seriously, these two forget anyone and everyone when they begin talking with each other.

We see the dean coming so we have to go back in. Yo agrees to wait for the end of our class in his dorm room.

Standing in front of the whole class is the dean and a new guy wearing our uniform. He carries himself like a dignified person, although with an air of slight arrogance. I don't feel good about this.

He has those handsome features that most Thai people falls for; totally different to Pha who is really known for his very good looks. His eyes, nose and lips compliments the shape of his face, making him look so angelic. But it's his eyes which bind me under an unspoken spell. I can't look away.

I don't remember if I actually stared at him for more than necessary, but the next thing I know, he is introducing himself without breaking eye contact with me.

A shiver runs down my spine and I tremble, hopefully not visibly, in a good way after hearing his voice.

I avert my eyes and points my attention to my cellphone. I can't believe I am entertaining these things in my brain for a person I have just seen.

"Okay, choose and take your seat. Be sure to catch up to them. Class, please help him if he has questions." the class agrees gleefully, giving a wai to the dean.

The new guy walks to our direction and coincidentally chooses the seat right behind me. I almost moan at the delicious scent he has. I like his cologne. Damn it, Kit. You don't do that to a new classmate.

Internally composing myself, I twist in my seat and offer the best, most genuine smile I have, to play the nice guy card.

"Hi! My name is Kit. You can ask me or anyone in the class if you have something to ask." I extand a hand for a handshake.

"Thank you. I'll hold you to it."

He returns the smile and clasp his hand with mine. For whatever reason he has, his hand tightens around mine before I start to feel his thumb moving in a subtle caress. I narrow my eyes at him and he releases my hand with a wink.

What a weirdo.

********************
"Hey, bitch! There's a new guy in med school. I wetted my panties when I saw him yesterday. Kyaaaaaaah!"

"Kyaaaah! What? Where is he? I wanna see him. Bitch, you gotta let me see him!"

"I don't know his name yet. But don't worry. News fly fast. We'll hear his name anytime soon."

I can clearly hear their conversation from my place here in the cafe. Mind you, I'm at the farthest, coldest corner of the cozy cafe, enjoying a cup of chilled coffee. It's only been a day past, but hearing that new guy's arrival is already tiring.

I wish people will stop talking about him now. What's so great about him?

Okay, he is handsome, rich, and all that. But he can also be a dumb academic, right? Not to judge, but it's a possibility I am not overlooking.

I hear the chime of the door and see Wayo coming to my direction. Pha tails him like a vulture. He glares daggers at the people who spares malicious glances at his hubby.

"Kitty~!" Yo excitedly slumps beside me and starts poking my dimples.

"Ai'Kit! What do you want for your birthday next week?" Pha asks, seating himself on the other side of the table.

I think for a moment. What I want for my birthday, huh? Hmmmm...

In my moment of thinking, the face of the new guy pops out. I am so startled that I visibly flinch in my seat. Yo and Pha looks at me, estranged by my action.

I try give it no more thought, even if it bothers me so much that his face is the one I thought of.

For the next few weeks, my boring college life starts to become a little bit more...crowded. It all started with the arrival of that person, who I don't know what I will feel as of yet.

To be continued...

**********************
Picture credits to owner.

1st Chapter, guys. 😘

Thank you!