Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Jackpot!

Celadon City-

            Lance, Surge, Red, and Blue stood outside the entrance of the Game Corner.  They were just finishing formulating their plan.           

            “I think we need to have our Pokémon out now, just to be ready,” Lance said.  “We don’t want any suprises!” He released Dragonite and the golden Dragon looked ready for business. 

            Surge released a strange, metallic Pokémon.  Well, it looked like three of the small magnetic Pokémon Magnemite all joined together: its evolved form, Magneton.  Red released Wartortle and Blue released her trusty Nidorina, her partner since childhood. 

            “Here’s the plan,” said Lance.  “Surge, you go round up as many Rockets as you can.  Red, Blue, you guys go find and save any stolen Pokémon.  We’ll meet up later and try to shut down the Scopes.”

            Red nodded.  “Where are you going?”

            Lance turned towards the doors of the casino.  “I’m gonna find out who’s the main man in charge of this place.”

            The four trainers walked in the doors.  It was a rather boring looking Casino.  Empty of almost all people, save the old man here and there playing the slots. It seemed to Red as if it was brand new, no one seemed to know about this place yet. 

            “Well it’s a good unnoticeable spot for a hideout,” said Blue.  Nidorina’s ears were perked, listening for any sign of danger.  Eventually they found their way to the chip-for-prize exchange.  The man’s behind the counter eyes grew wide with fear.

            “Do you know why we’re here?” questioned Lance.  Dragonite breathed smoke from its nostrils. 

            “Ye-yes sir,” said the prize-man.  He pushed a button on the desk, and almost magically, a hole opened behind the counter, with stairs leading down into the foundations of the building.  “Please let me go! I don’t like working for Team Rocket anyways! They don’t pay enough.”

            Lance let him go, the four trainers descended the stairs and ended up in a hall that branched into three directions.  “I guess this is where we split up,” he said.  “Red and Blue, stick together! Lorelei will be here shortly!”  He took off down the left hall.  Surge casually started walking down the right, Magneton floating behind him.  Red and Blue decided to take the middle hall. 

            Red and Blue checked every room they came across, empty except for some boxes.  Eventually, they went into a room and found some Pokeballs sitting on the table.  Not long after, Wartortle and Nidorina let out cries as two Rockets had appeared in the doorway.

            “Here they are! They’ve found some product!”  The Rockets each released Pokémon of their own.  One was a furry brown rat, Ratticate, and Red checked his Pokedex to find it was the evolved form of the common Rattata.  The other Pokémon Blue recognized as Koffing from Mt. Moon, the floating purple orb that spewed toxic fumes from its many orifices.  

            It wasn’t long before an alarm sounded and Red lights began flashing in the Rocket hideout.  They must have found Lance or Surge, thought Red.  However, the two young trainers had their own problems to worry about, and these Rockets weren’t pushovers.  Wartortle and Ratticate wrestled around on the ground, knocking each other into the walls.  Koffing dodged around Nidorina’s jumps with stunning agility.