Chapter 2- Cameron's POV

I woke up knowing today was going to be another long day. First I had to work early at the car wash this morning then I had to deal with the kids at school. They all picked on me because of the way I dressed and because I was smart. I hated it really. Not being smart, but being picked on. If my parents hadn't split up and my mom lost her job in photography when i was in the 6th grade I maybe wouldn't have to work to afford my basic needs.

I got out of bed and slipped on a pair of khakis with a plaid shirt, the usual. I slipped some gel into my hair and brushed it aside. Before I left for work I grabbed my bag and my glasses and headed to the local bus stop. I can't afford a car yet, but I'm saving up. I got on the bus and headed to work.

When I finally arrived I threw my stuff in a cubby and put on my work shirt and hat. My job was to wax the cars of the people that could actually afford to have their cars waxed weekly. I was almost done my shift when I noticed out of the corner of my eye, the girl I have had a huge crush on since 4th grade. Maddie Wilson. Otherwise know as the most popular girl at Hills. Unfortunately Maddie was what you could call a "jock". Her parents were extremely rich and she took advantage of that and became the most powerful girl at Hills. We used to be friends but things happened.

"Hey Maddie." I wanted to punch myself for even speaking to her. Nash, her boyfriend would kill me in an instant. That guy could be a real jerk.

"Ummm how do you know me?" She replied. Of course she doesn't recognize me. She hasn't spoken to me in years. Great now what?

"I um I'm Cameron from your history class. We-" but she was gone without giving me a chance to finish my sentence. She has changed a lot. I shook the thought of her out of my head and got my stuff for school.

Hills wasn't too far from the car wash so I walked because it rarely rains in this part of Cali. While I was walking a car pulled up next to me and I just kept walking faster because I knew what was coming next. In a matter of seconds I was inside a trash can.

"Get a life loser!" I knew who that voice belonged to. Nash Grier. After a minute of waiting to make sure they were gone I climbed out of the trash can and brushed the garbage off my hair and shirt. This was a daily routine between me and Nash. I go to work, I wax his car, I walk to school he dumps me in a trash can. Believe it or not, Nash was the new kid that got bullied in grade school.

Once I arrived at Hills I hurried to my locker and grabbed my books before Nash could get to me. I saw him outside making out with Maddie, another one of his daily routines. They were one of those couples that parents are afraid of, making out, spending the night together, and getting drunk together. I sometimes felt bad for Maddie because I knew that she could do better than Nash, he treated her like trash and took advantage of her.

The thing about Nash is that he used to be a really good genuine guy, but summer of freshman year he changed. Something in him snapped and suddenly sober mess was a joke and girls were a priority. He completely forgot about his studies and began to fail every class. He threw parties and got drunk, plus the guy had a new girl every night! No one really knows what made Nash change, and no one has the guts to ask. I pray one day that thing that fired him up will extinguish and Nash will be the guy he used to be.

Once I got my books I practically ran to the safety of my math class. What was punishment would I receive from Nash and his gang today? I thought as I sat at the desk right in front of the teacher.