Dear Diary

My mom met Goliath about two years ago.

We were unable to pay the rent for two months and we were three months behind on paying the water and electricity bill. My mother was fired from the Hospital for stealing morphine and other prescription drugs. She was starting to get desperate again.

I was sick so my mother had to take Skye with when she went to the bar with her, while she went looking for a new sucker to pay the bills.

Her words, not mine.

I stayed home while Skye would be her designated driver, even though he was under-aged.

Whenever someone saw us together she would tell them that we were her younger brother and sister instead of her daughter and son. That way she looked less attached and younger. She only told the truth if she was caught in a lie.

Skye waited in the car for three hours that night with the windows rolled down.

At two in the morning, while Skye had fallen asleep on the backseat, my mother finally showed with Goliath. My mother was draped around Goliath like a wrapped Christmas present. He pushed the door open to the backseat and Skye woke up.

He looked at Skye and then at my mother.

"What is the kid doing here?"

"What? Oh. He is...Nnnno...Onnne"

My mother's words were almost unrecognizable and it came out slurred.

My mother told Skye to get out of the car and to wait outside in the cold. He sat next to the car door and waited while Goliath and my mother were busy.

Goliath soon became a permanent fixture at our house after that night.

Unfortunately for my mother Goliath ended up using her, instead of the other way around.

He got her hooked on heroine and took every pay check she got to pay for his nasty drinking problem.