Dear Diary

I clearly remember the day that everyone found out about my secret life, that being that I live in what could be described as a trailer park. The people in town call it the M&M Township because all of the houses are a different color. Ours is a specific ugly bright green.

I had fit in pretty well with the "in" crowd and I evaded people coming over to my house. I always lied and said that we were busy renovating. Sometimes I would tell them that we were staying in a Hotel. I told them my mom was in real estate and that she would often buy houses, renovate them and then sell them again for a profit.

The lies just kept coming.

I bought all my clothes from this guy I knew on the street who got name brand clothes at the five finger discount off of delivery trucks. It was a lot cheaper than the real deal and it helped me to look the part.

Come to think of it I should have known that all my lies would eventually catch up with me.

After Brian cheated on me with Ashley he ended up dumping me. I thought that I would be better off without him. I went to school and carried on hanging out with Christina.

I called her Chrissie back then.

She had taken my side in the whole Brian and Ashley thing.

Do you know how a break-up works?

It's sort of like a divorce, except the kids are your friends.

Chrissie chose my side.

Chrissie and I would hang out together during lunch while Skye would hang out with Oakley or Tyler and Edith. In all honesty, I was sort of a jerk back then. For the whole time that I was dating Brian, while I was in school, I would ignore them completely.

I am not proud of what I did.

A week leading up to the reveal of my big secret Chrissie started to talk to me less and less. I tried calling her a couple of times, but it kept going straight to voice mail. She avoided me in the halls and she would whisper behind my back and laugh when I walked passed.

I believe it all happened on a Monday morning.

I hate bloody Mondays.

Skye and I walked into school and everyone huddled in little groups whispering. They looked like a bunch of church wives at a barbeque.

We separated and he went to his locker and I went to mine. I walked up to my locker and the words "Trailer Trash" were spray-painted on it. I remember feeling like a cold bucket of ice had been thrown all over me.

The smell was terrible. It was all over my clothes and in my hair.

I blushed and opened my locker.

Instead of its normal contents a bunch of trash and manure had been put in it. When I opened it; it fell all over me. I screamed and everyone laughed. By then a whole crowd had surrounded me. It was like a cliché scene out of one of those really bad teen movies. Could they not come up with something a little more original? They had their phones out recording all of it.

"We figured we should make you feel more at home." Ashley said with her annoying high pitched voice. Whenever she got really excited she sounded like Minnie Mouse on helium.

"What are you talking about?"

"We know McKenzie. You little liar...liar...pants on fire..."

They kept badgering me until I finally cracked and left the hallway running and crying.

Not my brightest moment.

Ashley got Harper and some of the other jocks to throw Skye and I into the trash cans out front by the school.

Just another reason why I hate Harper Brown.

They made the weeks after that unbearable for me. I ended up snapping and cutting my own hair and trying to dye it just so that I would not be that girl who had lied in the first place. I went on a spree destroying anything that reminded me of that time. Jewelry, photos, clothes, my surf board, all of it burned to the ground. 

Tyler and Edith were the only two who stuck by us.