Chapter 2: Pack Territory

A/N So this chapter is a little short but this is where our story begins! See you soon!
********

Two months have passed since then, and I hate to admit, but I've taken a liking to these boys.

Tall, dark blue eyes and black hair is Carter. Turns out he went camping with his friends years back when a rouge attacked them. Injured he helped one boy to get away, but that boy later died in the hospital from the wounds, like the rest of them had. All the boys had stories like that.

The blonde one was name Alec, and the others were Jay, Ryan and Reed.

They were catching on quick and now had better weapons and reflexes. Rogues had been forming larger and larger groups though lately and I'd noticed strange occurring in the west trying to pinpoint them. Someone was gathering rouges, but why?

The six of us had sat down to dinner when Ryan looked up at me. "Red, when will you tell us your past?" Reed smacked him but that didn't deter him. "Come on you know all of ours!"

My head shook. Carter, who sat next to me as usual, sat straighter, shooting him a look. If only looks could kill, he'd never need a weapon. Alec shrugged. "Who knows, who cares. We all know she's a psychopath anyway." Carter threw French fries at him and Jay, always the peacekeeper, rose his hands.

"Easy fellas. Calm down alright. Let's not break the house, again." Remembering the last time, and their punishment, they all shut up instantly.

The rest of dinner remained silent. I rose to take care of dishes when I heard Ryan speak again. "I doubt she even has a past as bad as ours, the way she'd hiding it." That was it.

I had him by the throat, lifting him up off the ground, even though he was taller than me. "Mine's worse, and you're not ready to hear it." Dropping him, I turned my back to him.

"Or your just not ready to accept it." He choked the words out.

The guys took a sharp breath, and I silently grabbed my jacket and bag, ignoring the eruption of noise behind me as I slammed out the door.

Sprinting across town, I slowed when I heard paws. I was in the fringe of the woods now. I saw them first. Three large wolves. Matted, dirty fur, crazed looks in their eyes, on neutral turf, definitely rouges. Waiting for them to see me, I gave them the choice without words. They could attack me or walk away. The first would result in their imminent death. As always they attacked.

I killed the first easily, but the second two were faster and smarter than usual. We danced dangerously.

They circled me carefully, pushing us deeper into the forest, right into pack territory. I raised an arm to attack the faster of the two wolves when he when strong jaws clamped down on his shoulder. Boarder patrol found us.

Without hesitation, I killed the last wolf. Turning, I surveyed four pack wolves with one goal. Kill the hunter. I couldn't out run them, but I could out climb them.

Sprinting back, I hauled myself up the tree and out of their reach. Soon a man ran up with short blond hair and a large build. The beta. They were furiously scampering around me but I just laughed.

They began to paw the tree and ground below me, futilely trying to think of a way to get me down. Just as I thought I could waltz out through the tree tops, a blood thirsty growl that could peel paint echoed below us. I soooo take that last thought back. The alpha joined us.

Glancing down I took in what had to be the hottest guy I'd ever seen, and I had to admit Carter had pretty good looks and not to mention the muscle he'd built up during training. This guy was tall and lean but with obvious muscle, light brown hair and powerful hazel eyes that boar down into mine.

His next growl seemed more menacing, more of a warning than the first. His Beta turned to him in shock, and I heard him say something I never wanted to hear. "Mate." I knew what that meant. The moment that word left the alpha's lips, mass chaos broke out.