Chapter 33: Date Night Part II

All their thoughts were being thrown around and they were on their feet. Even Louis. WTF is going on right now?

That was hours ago. Now I stood in front of the mirror in black skinny jeans, knee boots, a big black sweater and bright red leather jacket that almost matches my hair. My hair was flat ironed so it reached half way down my back and my eyes were lined in black. There was so much mascara on it looked like one solid mass. My lips were the brightest red I had ever seen.

"I look like a real live cartoon character." I told them bluntly. An hour ago Louis lost all input nod has looked more and more appalled ever since.

Kylie hadn't been too bad but it was Megan who caused the problem. "She looks like one of those damn 'white girls' only without the Starbucks. Why the hell would you use that much make up?" Kylie demanded.

Looking over at Megan I saw she had thicker eyeliner and the same lashes. It didn't look that bad on her.

Turning bad to the mirror I played with a piece of my hair. The fact it could be so straight shocked me, but that didn't mean I liked it.

It was six. If I left now is have time to shower and get ready. Standing up I smiled at them. "Thanks guys. I think I should get back before Ryder does." Much to my horror Megan hooked her arm through mind.

"We'll accompany you. I want to actually." She admitted. What do I say to that?

They walked me back and sat around in the living room. It was six fifty now and I was very agitated. I tired everything to no avail. There was no hope of getting away.

The door swung open and I didn't even turn around to look at him. Megan jumped up grinning and going over towards him while Kylie and Louis gave me pitying looks. They tried.

"Natalie?" Hearing Meg I glanced back, hidden by my hair to see Natalie herself smirking beside Ryder.

A shoulder blocked my view and my head snapped back away as two arms wrapped around my waist. "I'm back." he teased. glancing down I noticed the single rose in his hand and a smile tugged at my lips.

"Welcome back." I teased back. He moved to spun me in his arms but instead I grabbed his hand. "Bye guys!" I called, keeping my face hidden as I pulled him outside.

We were half way to the woods when he tugged me to a stop. Turning a bit his fingers. Caught my chin. "What's wrong Red?" he asked softly, turning me to look at him.

When he could see my face I watched him blink in surprise. "Megan wanted to help me get ready." I muttered, pulling my chin back to look at the ground.

I was expecting him to laugh or runaway or something, but when he didn't I glanced up to see him grinning at me.

"Red you'll always be beautiful." He whispered, before giving a small laugh. "No matter what they do to you." He added and I laughed too.

He held out the rose to me and I took it, twirling it a bit. Ryder put his arm around my back, leading me towards the woods aways from where we were. "Come on you'll love it." his promise made me laugh.

"Will I now? You sure?" Ryder scowled at me and I laughed again. "Well you seem confident."

"Well you seem confident." he mimicked and I laughed harder. "I'm sure you'll love it." he declared as we got farther into the woods.

Light was fading and I began to wonder where we were going in the dark.

He put his hands over my eyes then. "Ryder." I warned playfully.

"Trust me love." he dared, and I did.

Soon I could hear the soft lapping of water. "The lake?" I wondered.

"Damn your super senses." he muttered. "Just a bit farther." A faint cackling could be heard in the back ground.

A few minutes later he dropped his hands from my eyes.

We stood on the shore of the lake. In the sand was a log and blanket in front of a small fire. There was a cooler beside the log. Grabbing my hand he lead me over.

"You're right. I love it." he smirked at me knowingly and I rolled my eyes. It was almost perfect. "Hang on." I told him quick, pulling my hand back.

Peeling off the red jacket I walked over to the lake, splashing the water in my face to wash away the make up and my hair as well.

Standing back up I wrung out my once again curly hair and smiled at him.

"You'll catch a cold like that."

"Then you'll have to keep me warm." I informed walking over with him to sit on the blanket.

The two of us sat there together for what seemed like hours, yet not much time at all.

Ryder's arms were around me as he leaned back against the log, my head on his chest. "Red." I nodded, staring into the flames illuminating us in the pitch black night. "I love you." My heart should have been hammering out of my chest, but my heart and my head already knew.

"I love you too, Ryder." I whispered, looking up at him.

Squealing echoed through the trees behind us, and we both whipped around. "Shut up! You'll give us away!" someone hissed back.

Standing up, Ryder moved one step in front of me protectively as we took a few steps towards it. "Come out!" He commanded in a deadly tone. "Now!"

Slowly Kylie, Megan, Alec and Louis stepped out with sheepish smiles. What shocked me most was when Jake stepped out beside them, hands in his pockets looking annoyed.

Not the slightest but embarrassed, I began to chuckle. Ryder shook his head at them. "Really guys? Every time?" It was true they almost always showed up during our 'moments'.

Kylie just shrugged. Alec scratched the back of his neck and Megan had her hand clapped over her mouth, shoulders shaking silently. It was almost creepy.

"Alright kids. Bedtime!" Alec announced, grabbing Megan's arm to lead her away.

"Who are you calling a kid?" Jake demanded trailing after him. Kylie smirked over at me before walking off.

There was silence a moment. "They ruin everything." He muttered.

"We have weird friends." I admitted walking over to sit back down with him at the fire.

We stayed there together until the embers died out.