Chapter 41: Intrusion

Alec's POV

It's been a day and a half. Red has yet to be allowed downstairs. Damon's still in control, and I'm afraid. Wolves don't usually maintain control like this. Not in human form. What if Ryder can't regain control?

A few of the pack wives have been by with warm meals. Everyone is worried about their Luna.

The door opened and I looked up to see Sam. What's that kid doing here? He walked in and plopped down on the couch beside me. "Is Luna going to be okay?" he wondered.

Smirking I ruffled his hair. "She'll be just fine." I assured.

"That's not what the lab coat guy said." . . . What who said?

I turned my entire body to face him. "What who said, Sam?" he scratched his head.

"I was running up at the northern boarder like Luna's been having me do, but some guy in a lab coat was leaning over the boarder trying to get some plant and muttering about the Luna. I asked how he knew her. He said he knew her years ago and asked how she was." I knew what he'd say next, but it didn't make it any better. "So I told him-" Anything he said after that was lost on me.

Someone knew our Luna was sick. Our pack is vulnerable. "-then he ran off saying he'd be right back. I left tho cause he seemed pretty weird. Luna sure had weird friends." His head shook as I remained silently appalled.

Luna's sick. Alpha's lost all control. We are most likely hours if not minutes away from attack. I'm the Beta and it's time to step up.

Using my mind link I called all the warriors for a meeting. "Seth I need to go okay? You stay here and keep an eye on the place for me." He nodded and I ran out the door.

'Jake?' I mind linked.

'What's going on Alec?' There was worry in his tone and rightfully so.

'Get Kylie to the pack house.'

'No. Alec Damon is there and-'

'NOW Jake.'

'Yes Beta.' I knew he was furious for making him submit so before he could cut me off I let him in on the secret.

'Another pack knows we're vulnerable.'

Cutting off the link I shifted, booking it out to the now rebuilt hall. Shifting back I pulled on a pair of shorts and walked in as the guards all settled in.

Alpha's out of it. I have to do this. Walking out to the front they all fell into silence. "Most of you know the Luna's sick and therefore Alpha is ... Out of it." there was a vague nod in understanding. "But an outsider has come to know of this."

"Who?"
"How?"
They demanded. One older man snarled. "Traitors must be killed." Many agreed.

"That's enough. Only The Alpha and Luna can decide a traitor's fate. For now it's our job to protect our pack in the scenario that this information is used to plan an attack."

I'd begun to inform them of a premeditated plan of defense Ryder, Jake and I had formed incase we'd had warnings of an attack. A scream broke out through the pack link. It was Sam. 'Someone! Someone's broken into the pack house!' Growls ripped through the room.

"Squads to your assigned zones! Jake let's go!" I bellowed before shifting and taking off.

I caught sight of no intruders but caught a single alien scent as I reached the pack house.

Sure enough the door was cracked, hinges rattled from being forced open. Sam was bound and gagged with medical tape at the bottom of the stairs, but very much awake.

His muffled screams and head gestures up the stairs propelled me further, faster. Bounding up the stairs I heard shouting.

"What do you think you are doing?" Kylie demanded as we burst into the fifth floor.

Looking around Damon, or Ryder who ever was in control, lay still bound in chains on the floor. Red was in the bed and a man in a white lab coat was leaning over her and Kylie began circling him.

Both smelt us just then looking back at us. The moment they did Jake and I shifted and fell to the floor groaning.

"Dammit Seth! You could have just told us you were coming like a NORMAL neighbor." I whined.

Kylie's brow furrowed. "I hate this damn guy." Jake muttered, getting up to go grab a pair of Ryder's shorts.

"Better question, what's going on?" Red chose that moment to not only wake up, but sit up as well.

Red and Jake's eyes locked for a split second before snapping away so fast they probably got whip lash. Well that's gonna be awkward a while.

He hurriedly threw on pants and threw me a pair so I could do the same.

When I turned back around Red's head was on Seth's back and he was laughing at her. "Shut up!" she groaned.

He scowled before pushing her back into the bed. "You know better than to move about when your sick. Need I call Jace?" horror flashed in her face and her head shook. "Now drink it and go back to bed." He commanded.

We all growled at him for commanding our Luna but she rolled her eyes at us and knocked back a glass he handed her. She face shriveled up. "That still tastes like shit." he rolled his eyes at her.

"Then stop mistreating your health." He warned seriously. I had to agree with that one.

By the time he packed his bag and stood up she was out cold. Kylie waved her hand in front of Red and poked her with no response. "That's scary. What was in that?" Kylie whispered, poking Red's cheek.

Seth walked up beside me. "Keep an eye on her temperature the next five hours. If it goes up call me." He glanced back at Alpha. "She should wake up before he does. When he does don't be in this room." Shuddering at the thought I nodded.

"Jake go escort our guest out." he groaned but I shot him a look and he left. I mind liked everyone to call off the squads who were just as relieved as I had been.

Red's fever broke and she woke up.

Damon woke up after she'd unbound him and got him into bed. Seeing she was better, he returned control to Ryder who slept the rest of the day.