Chapter Twenty - Seven

•••

"Nothing, So.. you like mikey huh?" She says, "Yea- no, I- kinda I don't know." I was stuttering and I don't know why, well obviously I know why.. but I don't know if I actually like the kid. Or if I got feelings for Mikey.

I just wish feelings never existed, everyone would be happy without 'em, gosh.

"if you like him, tell him love. You'll feel much better."

"Is that how you told Steve?" I asked, Kelsey gave me a smile then laughed "Steve was the one who told me first June."

"Oh, right." I replied, looking down at my feet. "Want me to go get him?"

I immediately shook my head no "No, I can't right now."

"June, you are seriously gonna lose your mind if you don't tell him, it's eating you alive." Kelsey says, "I'll tell him.. just not right now alright?"

"Now, promise me you won't tell him, or anyone." I pointed my finger at her face "Okay I won't" Kelsey says. I stared at her for awhile until she sighed, sticking out her pinky.

I smiled, entwining our pinkies.

"Thank you Kels!" I said, hugging her as tight as I could, "okay... uh June? Can't breath here."

"Sorry." I let go of her & chuckled a little.

"Go tell Mikey about this, Believe me you'll feel better" Kelsey said, I sighed then nodded slowly,

•••

I still was deciding if I should tell him or not, I'm just gonna ruin our friendship if he doesn't feel the same way, And I don't want that.. I love being friends with Mikey, but I want more than that. I wish things weren't so complicated.

I sat down on the rock that was in front the waterfall, it looked beautiful. looks as beautiful as the sunset that I would look out from my window, it was kinda dark but you could see some light. I love how it looks.

a voice interrupted my thoughts.
"June?"

I looked up at the person, there stood Mikey.

"Hey mikey."

He sat down next to me, looking at the waterfall "nice huh?" Mikey asked, turning his head towards me. I nodded as I was fidgeting with my fingers.

"Listen June.. something happened and it was kinda awkward.. Stef saw it so she's the only one who knows about it, and I wanted to tell you because you're the only person I trust with these kinda stuff."

My heart was racing faster than ever.

"Uh sure? What is it?" I grabbed a small rock, throwing it to the waterfall.

"Andi kissed me..mouth to mouth." Mikey said.

I looked down at my feet. "Oh, was it a nice kiss?" I asked "I don't know, see that's the thing.. I didn't feel anything, you know how you're supposed to feel something when you kiss someone?" Mikey asked, staring at the waterfall "I don't know, I've never kissed anyone.. well on the lips anyway" I shrugged, tossing the rock away.

Mikey stared up at the waterfall, his eyes were a bright blue. His teeth were showing.

I could feel my smile grow.

He looked at me, "What?" He asked smiling "nothing." I replied, grabbing another rock and throwing it.

He reached his hand out to the water, splashing some in my face. I covered my face with my hands.

"Mikey!" I yelped, he laughed "sorry, my hand slipped"

"Yeah right." I stood up and reached my hand out to the water. Splashing him also, "Hey. Come on." Mikey says, "payback." I smirked. Mikey gave me a stare then smiled.

It was an awkward silence. None of us spoke until I did,

"we should get back to the rest" I said, Mikey nodded in agreement "Yeah, we should"

•••