Chapter 29

Curled up on Adrian's lap with his arms wrapped around me, I knew I was safe. The mate bond tingle sent warmth to every fiber of my body. Now that the silver had worn off, my wolf and her alpha strength came out in full force to protect me. The danger was over, but it made me hyper aware of a lot of things. My sweet reunion with Adrian in our room brought up a topic I'd only recently discovered myself thanks to my sick brother.

"What are you talking about, Sia?"

A fresh wave of tears spilled down my cheeks, a tidal wave of emotions gripping my mind. "This is not how I imagined this," I whispered to myself.

Adrian gently grabbed my chin and made me look at him. "Sia, you're starting to make me worry. What aren't you telling me?"

You need to tell him, my wolf scolded. He'll be happy! Right now, he's worried for you.

"Right," I breathed. "So, when Zeke kidnapped me, he actually kidnapped two werewolves."

My mate cocked his head. I was really muddling this up. Time to get to the point. I took his hand and gently placed it on my stomach. Holding his palm firmly in place, I met his gaze.

"Now you have two little alphas to protect."

His eyes widened as realization hit. His arm tightened around my shoulders. Our mind link flooded with emotions and thoughts, all coming in too fast for me to sort through. I focused on the warmth roaring between us.

"Sia," he croaked. "You're pregnant?"

I nodded, hoping that I'd made the right choice to tell him now.

His alpha green eyes sparkled with tears. "Sia, this is amazing. Are you sure?"

"Not completely," I confessed, "but I started feeling some of the symptoms before Zeke took me. Then, when he was going to torture me, he said he had to change his plans because it wasn't just me anymore. As soon as he said that, I felt something flutter in my abdomen and I heard a heartbeat. I was going to tell you once I was sure, but now—"

He cut off the rest of my sentence with a searing kiss. We forgot the rest and surrendered to the joy of the moment. I squeaked when he dug his fingers into my sides. For a while, we just enjoyed the sizzling pleasure of our bond which would only be strengthened by the little pup growing inside me.

"Sierra." Adrian pulled back and pressed his forehead to mine. "Your brother..."

"He's dead, isn't he?" I was verifying more than inquiring. If my pup was still in danger, I needed to know.

"Yeah. He's dead."

I sagged in his arms, pressing a hand to my abdomen. "Then we're safe. No one else can challenge our right as alphas."

"That's right," my mate affirmed. "The only one who can usurp you or me is this little one." He laid his hand over mine. "Personally, I hope it's a kick-ass alpha lady who's the spitting image of her mother."

"Oh please," I giggled. "You could never handle two alpha women. You need someone on your side."

He sighed at that. "I only have one side, and it's yours. You are my world, and it's because of you that I was able to kill your brother. I felt the power from your alpha side. It was the strongest force I've ever experienced, like it doubled in strength when I needed it. We're stronger together, Sia."

#

Several hours later, long after the room had gone completely dark, Adrian laid on the bed with his pregnant mate curled against his side. He loved the way her breath skittered across his skin and her fingers traced little patterns as she slept. Her chest rose and fell with slow, even breaths. The ordeal with her brother had drained her, not even the happy news of their unborn baby could energize her enough to stay awake.

This news was amazing! They both wanted a family, and now they would have one. Sierra would make such an amazing mother. Even before her alpha characteristics came into play, she had so many strengths and qualities that made her beautiful. If their child only received genetics and characteristics from Sierra, he or she would be an amazing person.

He drew a deep breath and hugged his little momma wolf closer to his side. She nestled her face against his shoulder and sighed. Little sparks skittered through his veins, a bit stronger than usual due to the little person in Sierra's womb. Their bond was now three-fold, so his protective instincts kicked up a notch.

The threat, Zeke, was gone. No one else could rightfully challenge Sierra as alpha. Even if someone wanted to challenge her, they'd never be strong enough to defeat her. Of course, challenging her would mean going through him first and he'd never let that happen. Their partnership as alphas ran far deeper than shared responsibilities. They viewed each other as equals in every possible way. Removing one would destroy the other.

"We're going to be okay," he whispered. "I promise that no one else is going to hurt you. I swear that I will protect you...both of you."

--------------------------------------------

EEEEEEKKKKK! I loved writing this pregnancy news! Do you think that it's all over?