Chapter Five

The night was cold and windy.
It pushed the scents of the two wanders about, making it harder for one to tell if he was being followed and for the other; it made it hard to track down the omega.

Blue eyes drifted about the landscape, knowing that the omega couldn't be stupid enough to be out in the open.
He sniffed the air and frowned.

"Hmm... where are you?" He murmured quietly. He focused on the sounds around himself as he walked, eyes scanning the trees and ground.
He paused, eyes narrowing on a slick spot. Slowly he walked over to the gleaming leaf. It looked wet with something and the scent it held was metallic.

"Blood.." He touched the spot before noticing a faint trail that grew more spotted as he followed it.

The red dropplets scattered the forest floor, staining the fallen leaves that rested where the fell.
The blond kept walking, his eyes narrowed as he followed along. Sniffing, he picked up the scent of blood and fear that belonged to the hiding omega.

"Found you." He said to himself and started to narrow in on the scent.

Arthur was quietly whining. He had curled up in a cave like cropping. He felt safe and yet so open to the things that lurked in the woods.
A twig snapped and the omega whimpered. He hoped the German didn't find him, he hoped the it was a passing deer.

Francis tilted his head, catching the faint noises. He was a good tracker and hunter, the best of his ex-clan. His keen eyes looked in the direction of the sounds, picking up a curled up figure.

"Hello?" He called softly and approched carefully. He didn't want to spook the omega. Not... yet at least.

A louder whimper left Arthur. His back pressed against the wall and he started to growl in defiance as the stranger grew closer and closer.
Before he knew it the pair of blue eyes was at the entrance of the cropping. The scent of the alpha gaging him with sweetness. A scent ment for a stressed omega.

"Bonjour," the voice was soft and.. rather annoying to Arthur. A growl left the brit. He knew who this guy was. It was Gilbert's so called friend.

The French male sat down and kept watching the glaring green eyes.

"I'm not going to harm you lapin." He once more had a soft tone to his voice, but it also held a strengh to it.

"Lier." A raspy voice left the brit. He gave another growl but it was weaker.

"I understand. You don't trust me. Why should you?" The man lean back against a rock and watched the entrance.

"How old are you?" He asked, eyes flashing with interest.

"Why should I tell you?" The omega grumbled and looked out at the rather lax male.

"You don't, but I just saved your rear so I expect some kindness out of you. After all, remember that you're and omega." His voice wasn't soft, it was a bit harsh at the end. All he wanted was some respect.
The omega curled back up, he was slowly warming up, but the tone made him get more spacy.

"Sorry. At least tell me your name?" He leaned forward and watched the smaller with interested blue eyes.

"Just leave me-" There was a growl.

"I can't do that. One, you're my responsibility now. Two, you're to weak to take care of yourself. I'm not letting you slipaway so easily." He straightened up.

"Now. Your name." He narrowed his eyes.

"Arthur." The brit muttered out and curled back up, giving a pained noise.

Francis nodded and sniffed the air.

"You're bleeding?" He asked and Arthur gave a faint huff.

"It's nothing.." the omega muttered and checked the wound to his side.

"It's nothing when I say it is. Come out or I'll have to drag you out." The voice held a strong tone once more, but it wasn't hurtful.

"Come." He beckoned him out.

"See.. not so bad." He made room and offered a place for Arthur to sit with him.

Arthur had been quiet. He was a bit shaky but was ready to bolt.
The males hand reached out for him and Arthur back away some.

"Don't." Arthur growled a warning, but it was ignored by the alpha.

"Don't, "don't" me. Come here. Let me see."
He looked at the Brit's face, already seeing bruising.

"Gilbert needs to learn how to control his anger.. He ruined a cute face." He murmured and lightly touched Arthur's cheek, causing him to flinch away.

"Come on now, I'm not going to hurt you lapin." He sighed and pulled on the fur coat that Arthur was huddled in.

"Let me get a look at you. I want to make sure you're okay." His hands moved gentlely.
Arthur tensed and untensed. He felt the care in the Frenchman's hands. For a second he let his guard down, allowing Francis to check for wounds and feel for anything broken.

"I think you're fine.. just need this patched up.." Francis murmured and carefully pulled the brit's legs open and turn the leg outward. He looked at the large gash on the pale thigh.

"Also.. you need pants." The man sighed and lightly rubbed Arthur's other leg, he wasn't thinking much about it.
Arthur on the other hand was bright red and fidgeting.

Francis stopped and let go of the legs. He turned to his pack and started to dig around.

"This should do for now." He pulled out a pair of pants and then pulled out a wrap and a small jar.

"Whats... that?" Arthur asked and looked at the now open jar. His nose wrinkled at the smell and he took his glare to Francis.

"Its something for your wound, so don't look at me like that." The male huffed and started to dab the green substance onto the wound.
A loud whine left the brit and he jerked away. The substance burned at the wounds opening.

"Shh. You're fine. It'll be fine." Francis chuckled and stopped placing the vile stuff on Arthur's wounds and wrapped it up.

"See all better." He stroked the omegas cheek and cooed. Arthur gave a faint growl and pulled away, he wasn't going to allow himself to be soft around an alpha again.

"Don't." He muttered quietly and pulled himself away from Francis warmth.

"As you wish," Francis sighed and held the pants out to Arthur.

"Come now, get these on. Unless you want me to continue what Gilbert started." The male grinned and Arthur instantly whimpered.
Chuckling, Francis tossed him the pants and stood.

"Get dressed and stay here. I'll gather some fire wood and see if I can catch a rabbit or two." The French male said with a small laugh that annoyed Arthur.

"Hm." The grumpy omega hummed and pulled the pants on, being careful with his wound. He looked back up to find the alpha had left.
A sudden loneliness drifted over the omega and he whimpered softly.

He didn't realize that he would miss having some form of presences around. He curled back up in the cropping and waited.