5|| the bloodlust alpha

||5||

The Bloodlust Alpha

***

The Bloodlust Alpha

Zayn - Entertainer

"Well, that was quite a show

"Well, that was quite a show."

I didn't look away from the road to know that Noah had an annoyingly smug expression on his face. I could feel his excitement and pride swelling through our bond. He made damn sure I knew how good he was feeling. How much he enjoyed what he witnessed. The overwhelming satisfaction he got from the little show. The way his voice was slightly higher and pressed than usual was also a dead giveaway. He claimed to have a love for drama.

"My favorite part was 'please make an appointment' but then again, the whole thing was great. There's so much to choose from."

He sighed in content before looking at me seriously,

"I'm afraid I'm falling hard for you, Alpha. Don't tell Mailia. It could be our little secret."

The urge to smile was getting harder to resist. So I didn't. My lips tugged up and I shook my head in amusement. I made a mental note to tattle on him so he could face the wrath of his mate. Goddess knows he'd rather face any punishment I'd give him than be given the silent treatment by his beloved destined. Gripping the wheel in my hands, I glanced over to him. Noah had been talking about this for the last thirty minutes of our drive home. He made me feel like a celebrity with the latest scandal from the way he was talking. Like I just had a mini cat fight with some girl and ended on the front cover of tabloid magazines.

Except in this case, a dog fight.

Taking a left turn, we entered pack territory and nodded at the warriors guarding the border. From a glance, I saw our best fighters aside from Isaac watching with caution as we approached. Eyes narrowed in alert and bodies tense in caution. The Head Warrior lurched forward, ready to jump down in front of the car when his gaze met mine. He backed off immediately but said nothing. He waited for his comrades to take notice themselves.

When they caught scent of who we were, they relaxed. Black eyes swirling back to their original shades. They bowed in recognition before pulling the metal gates open.

Welcome back, Alpha. Beta Noah.

Noah linked back,

Keep your eyes open.

Driving into the lot, I felt relieved to see nothing had changed. It was always like this whenever I left pack territory. A small part of me was always afraid that when I came back, everything would be set into flames. Lives would've ended, bodies laying around in a puddle of their own blood, families torn apart and children knowing nothing of the horrors that await them. Absolutely anything could happen at any given second.  I learned that the hard way with the attack at Duskfall .