24|| the alpha of greyhound

||24||

The Alpha of Greyhound

***

The Bloodlust Alpha

You Don't Own Me - Grace ft. G-Eazy

Everything happened all at once

Sounds of horror echo in the room- screams, shouts, horrified attempts to calm the raging Alpha in front of everyone's eyes broke the strained silence. In a matter of seconds Raizel had thrown himself over the table, knocking down his chair to the ground with a loud thud, his dark eyes blazing with unadulterated anger as he held my father's throat in a tight fist. A warning, progressively loud growl pulls from between his teeth. Veins adorned his neck, his body heaving with unrestrained fury that made all the Alphas in the room stand with alarm.

But they did nothing.

They simply couldn't.

Each and every Alpha in the room, tense with uncertainty of what to do, glanced at one another warily. There's an unanswered question in their eyes of who would be brave enough-maybe even foolish enough- to stop him but none dared to intervene. The bulky mass of their bodies tight in stillness. Muscles meant to protect, taut, but useless against the enraged Alpha before them. Cade seemed to be the only one considering to help but one glance from me and the barely noticeable shake of my head stopped him.

"You want who back?"

His question would be unanswered. Dixon could hardly get a word out through his choking and feeble attempts in getting Raizel's hand off his neck.

It was chaotic.

The wolves from Nightwake, mostly the males, shot up from their seats looking ready to aid my father but Emerson, Weston, Noah and Isaac already let out vicious snarls that halted them to their positions. Our side and their side stared down one another, none thinking to blink should the fragile strand of order snap. The animosity of their gazes could cut through silver.

Williams sat rigidly in his chair as he passed his heavy gaze around the room before they finally, inevitably, lingered on me. If I was in the right mind, I would've taken a moment to read his expression, to see his silent plea asking me to handle this as professionally as possible unlike my infuriated mate. Though the mutual anger from Dixon's demand was touching the surface of his control, he still had his position to uphold.

If I was in the right mind, I would've diplomatically handled this.

I'd make it a private matter instead of blasting this whole issue in front of other Alphas and their respective Betas, Gammas and Lunas.