6|| sexual tension

||6||

Sexual Tension

***

The Bloodlust Alpha

The Weeknd - Wicked Games

My arms fell loosely to my sides as I stared at him

Was he serious?

"That won't be necessary,"

I say, surprised to find my voice. Landon, Hestia, Benicio-- everyone watched in stunned silence. They were rooted to their spots as I was, momentarily forgetting Hestia's deceit. We were all too focused on Locksworth's startling request. A request that shamelessly tugged at my heartstrings. 

"I'm certain we aren't mates, Alpha Locksworth."

It wasn't a lie.

I already had one, as much as I wish I didn't, standing right across from me. Landon looked dumbfounded, green eyes wide open and mouth gaping as he looked between Locksworth and I. Then slowly, once realization of what Locksworth's request implied, his expression morphed into anger.

Anger to which, I ignored.

Locksworth's expression didn't change. Not even with the growing hostility standing behind him. Waves of Landon's anger coursed through the very thin line of a bond we had. His wolf snarling in his mind at Locksworth indirectly making a claim on me. His possessiveness was spiraling out of control. His wolf demanded to show everyone I was his, and Landon did nothing to try and hold him back. I knew that a few seconds from now, we'd have a shifted Alpha attempting to murder another Alpha.

No one knew of his inner fury. He glared daggers at Locksworth, his fists whitening at the knuckles. His lips tugged up to showcase his canines threateningly. Hestia, who was now out of the initial shock, noticed Landon's jealous fit but said nothing.

She merely stood by his side, watching with calculating eyes.

Intrigue hit me in the face. I wondered why she wasn't blowing a fuse. Seeing her husband act like this would've angered her no doubt, but at the same time Landon couldn't help it because of the mate bond. If I knew Hestia as well asI thought I did, she would've disregarded the mate bond excuse and still find her anger pointing at him. But none of that ensued. Strange enough, she was calm and collected. Not like the emotional mess I expected her to be.

My focus returned to Locksworth. The fierce look of determination in his stormy eyes set deep in his features. His hand was still outstretched to me; waiting.