Cooper's First Day

Hi, I'm publishing this to tie you guys over while I rewrite AN ENTIRE FUCKING CHAPTER, EITHER BECAUSE WATTPAD CAN'T SAVE SHIT OR BECAUSE THE HIGHLIGHTING IS SO SHIT! ... If you follow me your already aware that I'm extremely PISSED OFF! I'm sorry. I mentioned I was angry, right?
- Cat

I ran over to Cooper's school and went to go find him. I waited at the spot we agreed on but he wasn't there. I kept a watchful eye but I didn't see him. I was about to tear the campus apart looking for him when a middle aged lady walked up to me.

"Excuse me. Are you Cooper Jones's brother?" she asked.

"Yes, ma'am. Why? Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Come with me please."

She brought me to the assistant principal's office. The assistant principal greeted me.

"Hello. I'm Assistant Principal Darlene Schultz. Are you Birch Jones?" She stuck her hand out and I shook it.

"In the flesh."

"Please, sit." She paused and sat herself. I didn't sit.

"Where's my brother? Where's Cooper?"

I flinched when something grabbed my arm. It was Cooper. He was alright.

"Please, sit. Both of you," she smiled and said pleasantly. She paused and shuffled some papers around on her desk. "May I ask as to your living conditions?"

"Why?"

"Just curious."

"Why?" I pressed.

"Truth is, I'm in a bit of a predicament with Cooper here. He is highly intelligent and is better than most students here. He told me you taught him about the Bill of Rights. Is that correct?"

"What kind of a predicament?"

"It's rude to answer a question with a question."

"Ms. Schultz, you still haven't told me what I'm doing here."

"Cooper is brilliant... but he's a bit... rambunctious." She noticed the confusion on my face and explained. "He's way ahead of the other kids in academics and intelligence, but he simply won't sit still."

I looked over at Cooper. He shrank into his seat looking like he thought he was in real big trouble.

"Is that all you brought me in her for?" I asked.

"I think he might have ADHD or akathisia."

"Aka- what?"

"Akathisia. It's a neurological disorder. It makes you uneasy and unable to sit still. In some cases it cases it can lead to... to... well, to suicide."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"I just wanted to ask about him. He's a fascinating young man. I asked him where he learned what he knows and he said you taught him and that sometimes you quiz each other on random things from the book of facts that comes out every year. Is that true?

"I taught him what I could."

"Your mother must be very proud. I tried to get a hold of her but-"

"She's working," I cut in.

"Right. Does she work often?"

"Are we done here?" I was sick of Ms. Schultz's prying.

"Oh, yes. I suppose so. Here." She handed me a business card with some doctor on it.

"Who's this?"

"A doctor that can help diagnose Cooper. If of course there is anything wrong with him. I just think he should get a check up of sorts."