chapter 4

Morro didn't know how long he layed in that cot ,but he was now beyond bored and desperate to get up and move ,or something the injury felt like it healed alot already and he knew he could walk if he wasn't strapped down like this.

Just then he heard a noise and Zane came in ,he didn't say anything just took out what looked like more medical supplies from a cabinet in the corner of room before coming closer to Morro,who edged back to the far side of the bed as much as his restraints would allow, pulling his injured leg back.

Zane raised an eyebrow.

"I am going to check your injuries there is no need to panic I am only here to help" Zane put his right hand on Morro's ankle holding the wind master's leg in place , Morro cried out in pain yelling and cussing like he was the one possessed "it f***ing hurts don't touch me don't you dare! I feel fine just stop you f***er" Morro hissed as Zane's left hand came closer. "I said stop!!" carefully the nindroid poked at the ghost's bandaged leg, trying to feel around the injury. Morro instantly yelped squirming in his restraints. Zane shook his head in dismay the ghost boy was being too difficult for him to get a view ,so... letting go, Zane began scanning the ghost to see if he could read his vital signs if he had any at all that is. Morro didn't not really, all Zane could detect was his presence which was comprised of energy ,but not much else. The white ninja could only ponder how long the ghost would take to heal ,if he did at all. He did look better he was definitely more energetic from the last time he saw so Zane really wouldn't need to do anything ,still though this whole thing puzzled him.

Then a thought occurred to him he did have a source of information on the ghostly body right in front of him surely it couldn't hurt to ask

"Morro I am curious, how is it you're still here the areo blade should have made you vanish when it came into contact with your form yet it seems your body has taken it as a human would an injury I thought ghosts couldn't really obtain those."

Morro was startled a bit by the question since it came out of nowhere, still he simply rolled his eyes and stared up at the ceiling not daring to answer. "Just stop you think you can ask politely and I suddenly won't want to kill you and your pathetic weak friends, now c'mon I thought you were the smart one" Morro smirked a not well intended teasing smile at Zane. The nindroid sighed how was he supposed to- Zane paused his thoughts watching Morro wiggle his body in desperation to escape. An idea came to him "Ok Morro how about this and for each question I ask you get five minutes to carefully walk around the room I've heard physical therapy is very important for healing injured limbs."

Morro blinked in suprise what? That nindroid was willing to let him be free ,even if it was for five minutes it sure was stupid of that supposedly genius machine, unless.............he was lying! Yeah he must just be making this up so Morro will answer his stupid questions and then take back what he sai- ,but wait, no Zane showed concern for his wound so it would be even more stupid to deny Morro a chance to heal all the more faster if that's what he wanted and something told Morro he couldnt be faking this concern either so.... ,but wait if he did this he may as well be betraying the preeminent and his ghosts allies, but wait they already betrayed him well the preeminent didn't, but well it wasn't like they were ever going to find Bansha and Soul Archer anyway and perhaps this sounded stupid (because it was) ,but there was just something about Zane inperticular that told Morro he was just earnistly curious and just that so maybe..... urgh look at how pathetic he was he felt like a child trying to reason out why it would be okay for him to take a cookie from the jar when he was specifically told not to. What was he supposed to do?..................

,but wait

The ninja would surely just torture him  anyway to gain info at least this way he could heal quicker and therefore gain more strength so he could escape sooner ,but still this could be considered betrayel to the preeminent ,but then again who says he'll reveal anything about her or her plans and locations ok yeah he could just lie about that and be careful about his answers to this nindroid and maybe even find info on the ninja himself ok so.....

"Well ,I ....uh ghosts can take so much damage before we're.....sent back I was lucky enough to not get that extensive of an injury," Morro didn't know why ,but he felt embarrassed talking to Zane while not spouting insults at him "or unlucky enough I should say since I'm stuck here with all of you" that felt better.

"But wait then why did your team try to eliminate you Kai said he saw Bansha claim you would be too much trou-" Zane realized he had just answered his own question while unintentionally insulting Morro "My apologies I realize that was rude of me I didn't mean to offend you" Morro stared up at the ceiling remaining silent until he mumbled something barely audible "Doesn't matter she was wrong" Zane not wanting to upset Morro further decided to quickly move on from the subject. " So another thing do ghosts need food I've seen Cole consume large amounts yes ,but well he is Cole" Zane chuckled at his joke to lighten the mood ,but all he was meant with was silence and a blank expression from the wind master. Morro sighed before answering. " uh well........Yeah we don't die like humans do when going without food for so long ,but we feel basically the same pain" Zane nodded "I see so is there food in the curs-"

"Cursed realm, yeah we can grow and farm stuff there to eat" Morro shrugged Zane raised an eyebrow "that's strange Fenwick described the cursed realm as a desolate place with no life at all I suppose it's reasonable to assume he was lying ,but-"

"Well it is kind Of ,but it's also not, the environment and resources are actually OK, and the people. .....ghost people try to make it better by building homes and stuff, they're so desperate to feel alive again they're willing to lie to themselves that they still are it's really pathetic to watch"

Zane nodded again not daring to argue that, that exactly is what Morro is doing he was about to continue he could think of a thousand more questions to ask ,but he caught a glimpse at the time oh no " well I do have more questions, but I have to make dinner now I promise I'll bring you a plate and give you those minutes you earned later" Zane smiled at the ghost before walking away Morro blinked in confusion then boiled with anger "hey wait you said I could walk c'mon untie me already you piece of scrap untie me!!!!" Morro wouldn't stop his temper tantrum till long after Zane closed the door.