Chapter 12

The next few days went by in a blur for Morro. The bounty finally reached Steep Wisdom, but Wu and Misako still hadn't figured out the next clue engraved on Wu's staff ,but not for a lack of trying. They even tried asking Morro ,but the ghost confessed he knew nothing.

The ninja and co. decided it was best to leave Morro in his deepstone cell where he spent most of his time either asleep or being brought food . The wind master himself seemed to being healing pretty well just very slowly and his despair from before was being slowly forgotten because truth was he was just so......BORED. There was nothing to do all day. The most excitement he got was when someone came down to bring him his meals. It was especially interesting when it was Kai or Zane. Zane didn't ignore his comments like everyone else did and actually talked to him, he never seemed angry with him ,but yet he was not afraid to be point blank honest with him about his situation and his own opinion of him though hr worded it very politely. Kai on the other hand was fun because Morro could get a reaction out if him a very angry one it was fun to mess with him by throwing around snarky comments whenever he was around. Really anything to distract himself from thinking about Wu was welcome at this point.

----------------------------------

Today Morro was counting the bars of his cell he got to 9 before he couldn't count past that due to a lack of education as a child. So he went on fiddling with the chain on his cuffs imagining how great it would be if they burst in an explosion right at this very second freeing him how happy he would be to get out of this bed. He tried his best to ignore the camera the ninja had installed to keep an eye on him ,but couldn't help staring at it, sometimes he went as far as to give it a somewhat rude gesture involving his middle finger.

It was at this time Morro heard footsteps. Within a few minutes Kai came into view oh boy this was gonna be fun, Morro thought to himself, but he was confused it was not his usually dinner time and Kai wasn't holding anything resembling food though he did have a jar of what appeared to be dried up tea leaves.

Curious, Morro sat up and watched Kai open the door to his cell and step in.

Soon making eye contact with the wind master Kai spoke "Ok so these are some healing tea leaves since you can't have liquid you'll have to eat them raw ? I guess" Coming closer he quickly unscrewed the lid to the jar and took out a particularly big leaf before handing it to Morro who bit into it immediately scarfing it down in hopes that would help him heal faster. Once done he wiped his mouth and placed his cuffed hands back in his lap Kai screwed the lid back on and seemed to start heading for the door "Sensei said it usually takes about a day or two to take effect"
Watching Kai about to leave Morro was feeling disappionted and almost angry Kai was already leaving he didn't want to go back to being bored just yet so...

"Hmm oh didn't know you and your team cared so much tell me do you treat all your enemies with such care did you give the overlord a foot massage after you defeated him?" Morro smirked.

Stopping in his tracks Kai turned and then came closer to the tied down ghost the red ninja spoke again in an agitated tone "Watch it we could easily kill you you know and don't get any ideas now we're not giving you these because we go soft on our enemies or we care about you or any of that bs no I personally just don't want my team wasting time treating you when we have more important things to worry about like finding our leader who you kidnapped and possessed"

Morro knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't help pressing the subject "Oh really please you don't even have the nerve to kill me you're just a little boy scout never disobeying his sensei how would you have the nerve to kill someone injured!" Kai seemed to be trying to hold back at that statement "Look just because Sensei has some soft spot for you for whatever reason doesn't mean you're above getting pumbled for what you did to Lloyd"

Again Morro scoffed "That little brat deserved it for being so wea-" Morro didn't have time to finish his sentence as Kai had already grabbed him by his collar and pushed his back against the wall and bedpost as far the restraints on him would allow.

"Like I said you better watch it! Don't talk about our leader like that he's stronger than you'll ever be that's why he's the green ninja and you're just a pathetic dead guy!"

Morro would never ever ever at admit ,but those words hurt and every part of him wanted to rip Kai's head off for saying them, however currently unable to he did the next best thing "Please if he was oh so strong why would he be possessed so easily you know some people are strong enough they can fight off the ghost possessing their body so why wasn't Lloyd huh!?"

Kai's grip on Morro tightend " Please like you're one to talk look at you oh great ninja who got captured so f***ING easily it was honestly like squashing a bug easy " Kai smirked at the end of that sentence.

Morro flared with rage again yelling "THAT WAS BECAUSE MY 'TEAM' BETRAYED ME AND I GOT INJURED ONLY BECAUSE YOU GOT LUCKY IN A REAL FIGHT I WOULD HAVE YOU ON YOUR KNEES BEGGING FOR MERCY"

Once again Kai smirked this time lowering Morro back onto his bed "OK how about we test that theory you and me we spar once your leg heals up deal" the red ninja held out his hand ready for the wind master to take it and shake it.

Morro didn't need long to think before smirking as well shaking Kai's hand "deal"

----------

I'm sorry I took soooo long to update the dreaded writer's block strikes again anyway I'll try to update again soon

Ooooooh  Kai vs Morro who will win ?!