Chapter 11

Wu carefully made his way down to the brigg. After Kai had informed everyone Morro was in fact awake now the Sensei wasted no time in telling the ninja to let him speak with his former student first and to not interfere.

When he finally made it to the bottom of the stairs he looked in to see Morro who was indeed awake and seemingly very distraught and upset?

Shaking off any nervous feelings Wu steeled his nerves and took on his normal stoic posture as he entered the room.

The first thing Morro did when Wu entered was look up taking his hands out of his hair in an agitated fashion looking shocked to see his former Sensei for the first time since his capture.

The wind master didn't speak a word and neither did Wu for a while both just sat in heavy silence, both not being able to tell what the other was thinking and feeling afraid because of it.

Finally though Morro surprisingly was the one who ended up breaking the silence. "W-what are you doing here ?"

Wu waited a second before responding, slowly.
"I....wanted to check on you Morro"

"What now ? After I've already tried to escape what was I not worthy of your time earlier-"

"No Morro do not twist this around you know why I didn't come to visit you earlier you were too upset and angry to be reasoned with"

"And I'm not now?" The ghost boy responded sarcastically rolling his eyes to add effect.

....

"I was hoping you had calmed down at least a little by no-" Morro shook with anger. What a surprise Wu was lying to him again!

"Bulls***"

"Morro-" The wind master then cringed in pain as Wu spoke cutting off the old master.

" ugh whatever I don't care about you anyway you're just an old fart not willing to just die already!"

"Morro I..... " Wu sighed "How are you feeling I would hope Zane did a fair job healing your wounds"

"Well I..... suppose that scrap of metal you call a student did an OK job ,but not that it matters...." It was at that moment dark thoughts clouded the ghost boy's mind like before Wu came. He began thinking about his fate about how destiny screwed him over and what was to happen now. He was all alone he was...helpless and pathetic. Wu was probably having a ball watching his stupid pathetic student who was never enough get kicked in the a** by destiny "you're probably just going to have me killed anyway aren't you!"

"Morro-"

"What is it not true if not then what you'll keep in this cell forever!" Morro screamed. He was starting to feel a giant lump rise in his throat.
"Morro-"

"Or better yet you'll send me off to go rot in a hole somewhere far away and then you'll never have to worry about me again!"

"Morro ENOUGH"
Wu yelled out looking at his former student who suddenly seemed so much younger than he was.

Wu sighed no matter how many years had passed Morro was still a child, confused, and uncertain of where to go what to do next. He almost looked like he was about to cry he was shaking so hard " What does it even matter anyway I'm worthless to everyone now" he mumbled out glumly.
Wu wanted Morro to reform he really did, but that kind of thing took time time they didn't have right now with Lloyd's life and possibly Ninjago as they it at stake right now.

It was then Wu came to a realization. The best thing for Morro right now is to keep him away from the cursed realm as long as he did that his former student would at least be safe. Perhaps later he could then focus on rehabilitating the lost ghost boy ,but first they needed to save Lloyd.

So walking to the side of the cell that Morro was bed was right next to. Wu stretched a hand through the bars to lie it on the wind master shoulders surprisingly Morro didn't have enough time to react and as result remained solid at Wu's touch.

Shocked the ghost boy turned his head to meet Wu's eyes it was then that the Sensei spoke.

"Morro you've spent 40 yrs in the cursed realm I can't imagine what that was like or what the preeminent did to you and I'm truly sorry for not going after you when you left as a mere child I was young and foolish back then and I hope you can forgive me"

"I-" Morro was about to speak ,but was cut off by Wu

"I'm not done Morro however as sorry as I am for you the evil you're fighting so hard to bring into Ninjago will curse us all and we all be in danger not only that ,but you kidnapped my nephew and put his life in danger for the sake of your mission,...Morro I don't want to keep you locked up or get rid of you ,but I realize you have been corrupted an evil that will not be easy to get rid of so I will make this promise to you,.......Once Ninjago and my nephew are safe I will not stop in trying to redeem you Morro"

After he was done Wu took his hand off of Morro's shoulder. "The choice to accept it or not is up to you. Oh and please try to let yourself heal" and with that the old master left a shocked Morro alone once again.