02│ Sharpshooting

Part 1

However, a loud groan startled everyone, causing them to turn their heads in the direction of the sound.

The man in glasses collapsed to the floor, with his hands on his collar, showing a sign of difficulty in breathing.

Everyone was shocked and at a loss of words. The shop manager who was behind the man rushed to his body in panic.

"Sir, are you alright?! Sir!"

By then, the crowd went wild when the man didn't regain his consciousness. The shop manager was shocked as well, his eyes wide as he stared at the man who soon became a corpse.

"Food poisoning?! No way!" A woman from the crowd who was in the middle of eating her sushi panicked. It caused the rest to panic as well, thinking about leaving the shop and returning their sushi.

"Hey! Don't eat that! Return it!"

"L-let's just eat somewhere else!"

Noticing this, Kyoko clicked her tongue and took action.

"Don't move! Stay where you are!"

She shouted, grabbing the attention of the crowd. Ignoring their complaints, Kyoko went to the body of the man. She bent her knees, checking it for a closer look.

"If any of you leave this place, the police will find you for interrogation later." The girl, without a single ounce of hesitation, warned everyone. Her piercing gaze slowly wandered around, her eyes scanning the faces of each person.

The manager who was still in shock replied, "Huh? T-the police?!"

Ignoring the question, the girl proceeded to do pre examinations on the body. Leaning in, the smell coming from his mouth caught her attention.

"Almonds..." Kyoko trailed while thinking. She exclaimed after realizing what it might be. "He was poisoned by some sort of cyanide poison,"

Noticing the grains in the man's hand, "On top of that, there are two to three grains in his fingers, which means..."

"There's a high possibility that the poison might be mixed in the sushi." Kyoko declared as she lifted her gaze to the manager.

"Mary, call the police and ambulance!" Kyoko called out to the young lady standing beside her.

"I already called them." Mary replied. It seemed that both had already forgotten their play of tsukkomi earlier.

The girl then stood, wandering her eyes. Her cerulean orbs laid upon the conveyor belt, she thought, 'There are countless opportunities to create this special situation...'

Part 2

After waiting for a few minutes, the police along with detectives arrived at the scene. The customers were unusually quiet, and no one would've thought that there was murder done in the area.

The police already placed some caution tapes around the shop in which there were some officers who are guarding the area when the two detectives came out from the car. There were also a few forensics who went inside ahead of them to check the body.

"Inspector, let's head inside and see what this case is about." The police detective told the inspector. The man, who spoke just now, was a slender man in his late twenties.

"Hmm... the place is unusually quiet. I expect to see great chaos here." The inspector mused. He was wearing a brown hat which was partnered by his brown coat and pants, reminiscent to the detectives commonly seen on movies and TV dramas. The most distinguishing feature was his fat body and mustache.