17│ Turn of Events

Part 1

"So who are you? Why are you tailin' us?" Ryuji asked the stalker hoping to get answers out of him.

"Damn, it's a teen. I was expecting a pedo." The white-haired said, eyeing the figure in front of them.

However, the stalker seemed to be preoccupied and didn't bother answering the question thrown at him. His pupils were fixed on the blonde-haired girl as her beautiful face reflected to his eye.

"Beautiful."

A word escaped the stalker's mouth as he stared at the girl. Whether he means harm or not, he's being a creep at the moment.

"Huh?!"

Astonished, Ann's eyes widened as a faint blush crept onto her face. The blonde boy stole a glance at the girl who seemed to be touched by the stalker's compliment. He gritted his teeth in anger, as he turned his head to the stalker sending glares to the teen.

"Never mind that, just answer me!"

The blonde's tone was dripping in anger, his eyebrows furrowed. He was definitely getting impatient and uncomfortable at the sight of the stalker staring at the blonde girl.

"I'm Yusuke Kitagawa, a second-year at Kosei High's fine-arts division. I'm a pupil of and reside with the painter Ichiryusai Madarame. I'm striving to become an artist." The stalker introduced himself to the teens in front of him.

"A painter?" Ryuji asked, as if he couldn't believe what he heard.

"Ever since I first saw her days ago, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She stole my heart."

The teen who introduced himself as Yusuke said so passionately that the blonde was almost carried away by his sincerity. He only caused confusion to the girl, and filled her mind with different thoughts.

"Eh?" The girl was taken aback. She couldn't bring herself to ask, and the level of tension was rising.

'I stole his heart? Is he confessing? Is he serious?'

"You're the women I've been searching for all this time! I feel a passion from you unlike anyone else. I beg you! Please be my-" The teen trailed, which only caused Ann to be even more tensed up and panicked.

"Are you for real?" The troublemaker clicked his tongue in annoyance and disbelief.

"Dude, chill! Junior's waking up!" The white-haired teen teased in a serious way.

"Wait, you're doing this here?" The blonde, rather embarrassed, couldn't help but blush madly.

"My..." The blue-haired teen's face was tensed, as his lids fell close and clenched his hand into his fist before stretching it to thin air. "Model for my next art piece!"

"Huh?"

Part 2

One morning at Shujin Academy, Class 2-D.

It was the students' midterms. Everyone was taking their time of life answering every question carefully, as no one would like to see failing scores. Such a promising time it was.

At the front was their homeroom teacher who appeared to be in a deep slumber. Her eyes were at peace as she peacefully snored. It appears as though, from the sight of her dark eyebags, that she was having busy days recently.

Clang clang clang!

The sound of the bell ringing signified the end of time allotted for their examinations. It also served as a cue for Ms. Kawakami to open her eyes.