10│ Calling Card

Part 1

Early in the morning, in Shujin Academy.

The hallways were unusually empty. The reason for this? There's definitely something new, or suspicious, you could say, that had captured the students’ attention. In a certain spot filled with chatters was where the students have gathered.

All their gazes were fixed on the bulletin board. It was not an announcement, not a missing poster, and definitely not the results of examinations, after all, the school had just begun. What gathered the students was nothing but the foreign cards posted everywhere on the bulletin board.

Students that were pretty much ordinary felt scared and worried. Some serious students, such as the ones part of the student council were bothered, though there was no doubt that they were confused. In contrary to that, there was some happy-go-lucky students who felt excited and a few that didn't care but was waiting for the drama to unfold.

Among the crowd was a boy with dark blue hair wearing their P.E. uniform made his way to the group of students. Reading the signature of the card, he muttered, "'Phantom Thieves of Hearts'?"

"'Suguru Kamoshida, the utter bastard of lust. We know how shitty you are, putting your desires over defenseless students. That's why we have decided to steal away those desires and make you confess your sins. This will be done tomorrow, so be ready. From, the Phantom Thieves of Hearts.'" With the group, Ann read one of the cards. Curious, Ren and Morgana went beside her, reading the card too.

"Wow..." The blonde said in awe while lifting her eyes to the two.

"What do you think about my masterpiece?" Ryuji had a proud and confident smirk plastered on his face.

"Meh," Ann replied in disappointment.

"What?!" The troublemaker yelled in shock.

"It sounded like a dumb kid trying to be an adult,” The blonde-haired girl stated straightforwardly, showing her side which was brutally honest. Still though, deep inside, she finds it cute.

Flipping the card, what they saw was the logo of Phantom Thieves the troublemaker made himself. The logo looked like a doodle, to be honest, but the boy's efforts were seen in there.

Seeing the logo, Morgana added, "The logo's a bit lacking too."

"Th-that ain't true! Right?" In need of an ally, Ryuji asked Ren. However, as a response, Ren avoided eye contact while the light shone in his glasses.

"Hey!" Ryuji called. But their conversation was interrupted when the teacher they despise the most arrived by at the scene.

The moment his eyes laid upon the calling cards, he felt his blood boil and his brows furrowed into a frown. His eyes burned in anger, as he was consumed with murderous thoughts.

"Wh-what is this?!" Kamoshida showed angrily at the students. His anger could be seen from his glares at the students, and only very little bit of patience was left inside of him.

As his eyes met the eyes of a random student, he pulled him through his collar angrily. "Did you this?!"

"N-no..." In fear, the boy replied.

"Or was it you?! Hey!" Turning his glare to other students, he shouted in anger. He let go of the male student to search for other students to blame.

"Yikes."

"Let's get outta here..."

The students whispered as they went away from that spot some in annoyance, and some in fear. Though most of them thought that it was inconvenient and bothersome to stay.