11│ Chase to Justice

Part 1

In a dark room, a faint shadow of the furniture around the room was seen. It was notably spacious, a large window was at the middle part of the wall that leads to the terrace of the room. An expensive TV was also present, located in front of a U-shaped couch. On the wall was a variety of dart walls with darts mostly by the bull's eye, and one at the exact middle. There was also an air conditioner that was blasting cold air.

Aside from the other furniture, a bed for two was at the side of the room. There, a girl was lying down on her bed in a deep sleep. However, a frown was present in her face, and she was sweating all over. It was not due to the temperature, for the air conditioner was on. And even if the air conditioner was absent, it was still cold in Japan.

A nightmare was believable to consider. But what could the nightmare be about?

Part 2

"Welcome back to my Velvet Room, dear guest."

A very deep voice came from a bizarre looking old man with a notably long nose sitting on a chair in front of a black table. He had his legs crossed and he was wearing a grin.

The place was as beautiful as a wonderland, trees were standing tall and proud, while the roses bloomed like beautiful princesses. The ground was filled with fresh grass, except for the center of the garden. It was covered in blue velvet.

The birds singing was heard, like a nocturne melody. The skies were a glorious mess, and a rainbow was seen. The plants were freshly sprinkled with rain, and the smell of the ground feels somewhat refreshing.

How about the outer part of this world? In the angle, it's like a beautiful paradise. But that whole place was caged and was like a prison. Beyond that cage was the ugly reality. It was dark, and the sun never shined. Blood was splattered in the skies, and chains symbolizing restraint was around the cage.

There, a girl stood, and the white dress she was wearing was torn. Her short white-hair was swayed by the wind. However, there were chains on her wrist and feet. Every step she takes, clanking sounds of chains were heard abnormally loud.

"Our master wished your presence." A soft yet manly voice was heard. Lifting her sight, she saw a fine gentleman who appeared to have white hair like hers, and his eyes were yellow.

He wears a black-collared and long-sleeved shirt under a blue suit complemented with a blue necktie. He also wears black pants with blue lines running through the sides, black shoes, and a hat similar to a flight attendant or even a bell boy. A book was being carried in his arm, and it was identified as the 'Persona Compendinum'.

"What is it?" The girl softly replied.

The bizarre old man chuckled, "I have given you aid ever since," He paused. "But dear guest, you must know everything comes with a price."

It attracted the attention of the girl. Arching an eyebrow, she asked, "What do you want me to do?"

"Help the Trickster. Based on your performance until this very day, I believe you are more than capable of doing that." The bizarre old man said before chuckling. "I wonder what future awaits you both..."

"It's your duty to figure the rest yourself, Mochizuki-sama." A polite and soft voice of the gentleman was heard as he referred to the girl.

Part 3

The girl woke up in the middle of the night and sat on her bed the moment her eyes opened. She panted with her eyes wide before wiping her sweat with the back of her hand.

"W-what...? Trickster?" The girl muttered to herself, trying to process what Igor was talking about. After mere seconds of thinking, she immediately stood from her bed and went to the switch to turn on the lights.