04│ First Day Chaos

Part 1

Footsteps echoed through the hallways of Shujin Academy as Kyoko walked through the deserted corridors. Though faint sounds and soft shuffles were heard at times, hinting the presence of other people within the vicinity of the school. Most likely teachers who were preparing for their lesson plans or other activities.

It was still a few moments from daybreak and classes were not going to start any time soon. Despite this, she would meet a student or two from time to time; those who were affiliated to some sports clubs or culture clubs. Among the few she had met was the Student Council President herself, much to the white-haired girl's surprise. Though both girls parted ways shortly after they exchanged their pleasantries.

Aside from that was a rare few students who lunge around the school for no particular reasons. Or rather, "early birds" if you call them as such.

Stifling a yawn, Kyoko was slowly being fed up with her boring activities, which was wondering how she would spend her day.

Even if the classes were to start, Kyoko was not yet to start her day at school. Hence, there was not even any reason for her to bother paying a visit to her new school especially this early. Kyoko would think twice about getting up early as she, for sure, was not a morning person and too lazy to worry about that.

"Ugh! That old hag!" Kyoko hissed in annoyance, harshly scratching her head in frustration. She yawned, head drooping from side to side. "Uuu... I'm sleepy..."

As she was just simply a visitor, Kyoko opted to wear set casual clothes to suit her tastes. She wore a sleeveless blouse with a collar underneath a dark brown cashmere blazer paired with denim short along with black stockings and black heeled boots.

Fishing the pocket of her blazer, her hand laid on a pair of glasses. Few scants of time passed and Kyoko decided to invest her interest on the item she found inside a certain old woman's drawer earlier. While she normally wouldn't pay mind to such stuff, the reason was the mentioned item was no ordinary glasses.

Pinching the earpiece of the glasses, Kyoko twisted it; separating the two items apart.

"Just as I thought, a microphone huh? That woman sure has strange hobbies." The girl muttered, lost in thought for a second. It was a shame she wouldn't be able to figure out what exactly it was without the necessary tools to disassemble her new toy.

After visiting, or rather looking at various and odd places in school, Kyoko decided to visit Hana in the faculty office. Feeling slightly astounded, she didn't realize she bumped into someone, who fell to her knees weakly.

"Oi oi oi, are you okay?" Kyoko panicked as she definitely didn't use too much strength to push her that much, right?! Involuntarily, the white-haired teen offered a hand to help girl stand.

However, the moment Kyoko hold her hand, the girl flinched in pain. The pain flashed at the black-haired's face and it didn't go unnoticed by the white-haired girl. Immediately folding the sleeves up, she quickly noticed the prominent bruises on the girl's arms. 

"Why do you have a lot of bruises? Should I bring you to the nurse's office?" Kyoko said, terribly worrying about the girl's condition. The girl weakly shook her head as a response.

"It's fine," The girl paused, showing a weak smile. "I'm okay, t-this bruises are not your fault." 

Despite her reassurance, Kyoko couldn't help but worry. The girl tried to stand on her own but clearly failing as her knees grew weak. Kyoko aided her to stand, kneeling and placing the girl's right arm on her back and holding to her left arm.

"... I'm so sorry... I just... can't take it anymore." The girl sighed, accepting Kyoko's assistance.

The pair of girls went to the courtyard. The place was quiet and somehow comforting. Kyoko bought two sodas for the girl and herself. The girl murmured a thank you as Kyoko passed the drink to her.