SIX

Day 153

I met Ava Paige again today. She asked me about the pregnancy and if I already knew a name or not. I told her straight off that she wouldn't dare to lay a hand on the baby because if she did, I would come after her, and I would not stop until I got my revenge. 

Have I told you yet that we have been moved again? This time we were transported by choppers. It was kind of traumatic if I have to be honest. We had been taken away from the Maze in choppers after we escaped and Chuck had just died. 

I wish I had Chuck's little man with me, maybe that would've kept me sane. I hope Thomas still has it. He must feel terrible. I broke up with him before I was captured and that was his fault. I've never gotten a chance to make it up again. 

I've been in this place for over five months. According to doctor Crawford, I'm about six and a half to seven months pregnant. I'm starting to become more and more anxious about becoming a mother. I'm not the most responsible person in the world, mostly because I barely remember what it's like to be a child since I had to take care of my mother when I was young. 

Day 168

Minho got into a fight today with one of the other immunes. I mean, they deserved it more than anyone because they were the ones that came up to me after lunch and started to bother me, asking questions about my age, the baby, Thomas, the fact that I must've been a slut because who believes that the only girl in an entire Maze full of boys stayed a virgin for so long? 

Minho found me and warned the boys to stop, which they didn't, and they also started calling him names. Then he lashed out and punched one of the boys. The other three then lunged at him and all of them managed to land a few punches before they were pulled apart by the guards. 

Minho was taken to the medical wing to get his injuries patched up. He returned about an hour ago with a cast on his hand and bandaging around his head.

We're going to be moved again in a few days. They told us we're going to the Last City. The only city that is left standing. We will be protected from the Cranks that live outside the walls surrounding the city. We'll be taken there by train, another new way to transport us. 

Day 177

Moving day tomorrow. We were ordered to pack everything we wanted to take with us. I can't help being excited to be moved again because I hate it here. I constantly feel everyone's eyes on me when I go anywhere so I spend the most time in my room. 

I haven't seen Teresa in a while. She drew my blood five days ago but I haven't seen her since. Maybe she has finally come to the conclusion that I will never forgive her for what she did. 

It's time to go to bed, I'll have to get up early tomorrow because Wicked likes to move us in the middle of the night so they aren't seen easily. 

I put away my journal and got out of bed. "I'm going to take a shower," I told the others before I padded to the bathroom. I undressed quickly and stepped into the hot shower, letting the water stream down my body, calming my tense muscles. 

I placed my hands on my stomach. "Are you okay in there?" I asked softly and miraculously, I got a kick in return. I giggled and rubbed the bare skin with my thumb. I hated that Thomas missed all of this. He should've been here to go through this with me, the kicks, the ultrasound, hearing the heartbeat, all of it. 

I lowered myself against the wall and closed my eyes for a few seconds, feeling the water stream down my body. The dull headache that I had been suffering from for days started getting worse and nausea kept coming back, leaving me without an appetite, but I had to eat, which made me even more nauseous. 

"Leah, you okay in there?" I heard Minho call from the other side of the door. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll be out in a minute," I replied. 

"You sure? You've been showering for two hours." 

I shot up. "Two hours?!" Maybe I dozed off.

"Yep, we know you like long showers but this is a bit unusual for you. Are you sure you're okay?" 

"I'm fine, Minho. Really," I assured him. I turned off the shower and dried myself using one of the big towels before heaving myself in clean clothes. I tied my wet hair in a messy bun on my head. 

I exited the bathroom and found my friends looking at me with a worried expression, Minho more than the others. "What? I fell asleep, I think," I tried to play it off. 

"Leah, you don't have to pretend in front of us. We know about the headaches and we know about the cramps you get at night. I sleep on the bed above you so no matter how hard you try to suppress your groans, I'll still hear it." Minho crossed his arms. 

I lowered my head. "It's probably nothing. I'll be fine. Remember how in the beginning I used to pass out all the time?" Minho nodded. "Really, guys, I'm fine. If there is something seriously wrong, you'll be the first to know. Now, let's go to bed, we're moving tomorrow." I rubbed Kasey's head and gave her a hug before wishing everyone else a good night. 

I rolled myself in the sheets, trying to find even the slightest bit of warmth, but the rooms had air conditioning that we couldn't turn off so it was freezing all the time. I rubbed my hands together and blew some hot breath on them. 

I barely slept that night and waited until the guards came banging on our door, saying we had to gather at the front entrance. 

Minho kept me close to his side as we passed the boys who harassed me a while ago. Kasey couldn't help shouting a quick, "Get lost!" 

We were escorted outside where we found a long train with containers waiting for us. I shivered at the cold air and Minho quickly wrapped his jacket around my shoulders. I smiled gratefully and zipped up the jacket, nuzzling my head in the material. 

"Ladies and gents, welcome. Form a line, get scanned and enter the train. We should be on the rails in two hours without complications so let's make it easy for everyone!" Janson shouted loudly over the mass of chatting teenagers. 

I followed closely behind Minho as we joined the line of teens that were already waiting to be scanned. Aris and Sonya stood before us and they entered the wagon without budging. "We have one spot left!" someone from inside called. A guard motioned at me. 

"Get in," he ordered and my head shot toward Minho in fear. 

"She stays with me," he stated. 

"Do we have a problem?" Janson's voice spoke up as he appeared beside me. 

"Not at all. She just won't get in," the guard snarled. 

"Let her be. It's the hormones." That comment made me slightly uncomfortable and it was extremely offending, but I let it go as I didn't feel like getting into another argument. Especially if it was an argument with Janson.

I was allowed to get in with Minho and Kasey. Marissa and Emily had been a few people ahead of Sonya and Aris but Kasey was still with us because she had refused to leave my side. 

We were scanned and the guards checked off our number and letter combinations. "A7, Minho." Minho was roughly pushed into the train and I was up next. "A14, Leah." He motioned for me to step on the train and I was happy he didn't push me. 

I waited until Kasey was also scanned. "C4, Kasey." She was ushered into the train and I took her with me. I sat down next to Minho and fortunately, the seats were big enough to fit three people next to each other. I sat Kasey down closest to the wall so she was furthest away from the immunes sitting on the other side of the aisle. 

I rubbed my forehead with my fingers, trying to soothe my headache even a tiny bit, but it barely worked. A guard entered the train. "Please keep your hands out in front of you, this will make it easier for all of us." I looked at Minho with a frown and slowly held up my hands. The guard tied us to the chains dangling from the ceiling and it wasn't long before my hands fell asleep.

I sighed deeply and rested my head on Minho's shoulder, closing my eyes for a second.

And then, the train took off.