pt. 9; let your feelings out

||-//
point of view: y/n l/n
setting: forest ? 
-
josh and i got to hang out alone but it was a bit awkward.

it was already late, probably 9-10 p.m. , josh and i weren't alone. all of our friends showed up except the weekes', debby, and spencer.

we were in this forest, i guess you can call it, with our bikes and some flashlights. the weather looked as if it was gonna rain anytime soon, some lightning was there.

i was walking with josh and our bikes while everybody was exploring, my flashlight lighting my way, the trees, grass, and most things in between.

"you know y/n," josh said. "i still have a thing for you, i can't deny that, you're just someone i thought i'd never meet."

i stopped, i was nervous. i still liked him, i always had, but long distance relationships aren't my thing anymore.

"i–i.." he stopped, i didn't know what to say, cat got my tongue. "i've always liked you josh. but why now? after all these years, no phone call, no nothing."

"you blocked me." shoot right.

"oh." well i was defeated. fucking hell y/n just let your feelings out, it won't do any damage. "you know what, fuck it, i love you, always had, always will."

we started riding our bikes again, and caught up to everyone.

"i'm being eaten by fucking mosquitoes." brendon said smacking his forearm. "ey babe, you got repellent?"

"ya, if you want it come get it!" sarah said as we lost track of her.

"dammit saraaaaah!" brendon started following her.

"that's cute," halsey said as she was race walking. "jenna, tyler, let's go catch up to them!"

why are these moments so fucking cliché?
was that planned?
guess i'll never know.

"so, since i'm not sure if we're dating again now, i'm going to ask you right now." josh said grabbing my hand and kissing it. "y/n, will you be my girlfriend once again?"

"joshua dun, i'll once again kindly accept to be your girlfriend." he kissed me and we held hands through the entire catching up we had to do.

"should we make it official?" josh said looking at everyone else recording and walking around.

"let them find out themselves." i said smiling. we kissed and that's when we heard tyler yell. "you guys should come here!"

"why?" josh yelled back.

"i don't know brendon wants us here." halsey said. "not even sarah knows what's going on."

we walked over and saw an ouija board and some candles. oh hell no.

"brendon, what is this?" sarah said as brendon was taking out more stuff from his backpack.

"just a lil' something i found at an antique shop." brendon laughed like a maniac.

"i'm scared tyler." jenna said hugging tyler. "i'm not playing."