How To Wattpad: Lesson 4

Lesson 4: Have a good and stable writing style.

Through my short experience through Wattpad, I have noticed only 3 writing styles. I will show you them, and give my opinion on them.

First:

Spencer and Noah enter the bar and see the all familiar face of Felipe behind the desk. "Felipe?" Spencer asks. Felipe turned around and faces Spencer with a grin across his face. "Spencer! My friend! It is good to see you!" He cheered. Noah walked over to the bar and sat down, along with Spencer who sat down next to him. They both ordered a shot of Scotch and started to talk. "Noah?" Spencer asked. "Yeah?" Noah responded. "What's the deal with the spice rack? I mean good Lord do people really wanna see all the horrible things the girls did to me?" Spencer said.

Note: So this right here, is what I call "Wall Writing" as it's a wall of texts.

This is by far my least favorite writing style. The words are all in one paragraph and I don't personally like it because I find it easy to get lost.

However some of you may like it, I am not a fan.

Second:

Spencer: Get Down!

Spencer and Noah crouch down and take cover as bullets fly over their heads.

Noah: What the hell is going on?!

Spencer: It's Blackwater...or Monika if she found my porn...

Noah: What was that last part?

Spencer: Nothing...

Spencer jumps out from the cover and shoots surpressive fire at the blackwater members.

Note: I call this writing style the "News style" because the way it's written. Instead of quotation marks, they use a colon.

I like it, as it's still easy to read. However it is not my writing style.

Third:

"What the hell is this?" Noah said.

Noah picked up a magazine off the ground and Spencer looked panicked.

"Nothing!" Spencer said as he lunged for the magazine. He missed and fell on his stomach.

"I'm just curious chill...out..." Noah said as he realized what the magazine was.

"Uhhhh..." Spencer said nervously.

"IS THAT NATSUKI?!" Noah yelled.

Note: This is my writing style, and my favorite. I like my writing style like I like my women...spread out.

I call it the "Grocery List" style because of how spread out it is.

In all seriousness I like it when the dialogue is separated from the actions. I have yet to see anyone else do it, except for hwest36 when we talked about his writing style.

He transferred to mine.

We all have our writing style, but I would choose one of those three.

Best of luck!