Why (Most) Of My Stories Had Sad Endings

"Wait For Me To Come Home."

Wait for me to come home was a story that I wasn't expecting to be popular. I put a sad ending on it because I thought that it would just be another fanfiction lost in a pile of DDLC Fanfics.

I expected it to be a story that some people would read, but they would remember it for it's ending.

I never imagined it would compete with other stories. Not complaining though!

What's next? Ah, yes. "That's Amore."

That's Amore was supposed to be the last story of the series with it's sad yet meaningful ending, however that's when I came to realization.

I thought I was the only one doing sad endings, and that's when I realized that other authors were doing them too!

So I was like "I'm being completely unoriginal with this!"

So I had to make things right.

Thus, the next story was born.

Next we have the feel good story, "It Was A Good Day."

It was a good day had a happy ending to it. I mostly wrote that story for my friend Sukachay because he was actually the person who informed me that sad endings weren't an original concept.

Anyway that story had a happy ending. I wanted to dedicate that story to him, however I don't know how to...

After that, "The Pursuit Of Happiness."

Also known as the collab story, that story didn't necessarily have a sad ending rather than an emotional one. The ending was designed by me so, y'know it's emotional.

Now the "after credits" ending, was so I could write one last story for the series.

That was just wrapping things up and giving the best and happiest ending.

In "The Pain In My Heart."

In this story, the final story at that, all the bad guys died. Everyone who Spencer had lost lived. They were all resurrected and Spencer got to live with them.

Spencer got to leave in one piece, with all his dokis plus an angel, with the true happy ending.

And that's the way I wanted it.