corner time

"Peter if you don't stop with the attitude" Steve says sternly
"LEAVE ME ALONE"
"that's it go to your room now!" He yells at me
"Make me!"
     I say testing him
"Your room now!" He says looking me directing in the eyes. I get the hint and go upstairs even though I don't want to I don't want but the last time I tested him it didn't go so well on my part. I heard upstairs and go into my room I pass by Wanda who looks a little concerned for me I bet she could me and cap yelling downstairs.
I walk into my room not looking back and close the door behind me. I go on my bed and put my face in my knees and wait to try to be patient but it's hard I know cap wants to know why I was late home and I don't want to tell him about that cat girl I know he'll just pass her off or think I'm lying. I hear the door open.
"Peter why were you an hour late from schools today"
I don't say anything not wanting to tell him
"I won't ask again Peter," he says
"I won't talk," I say without even looking up
"Alright if that's how you want to play it," he says I get a little nervous a little bit. head up his arms are crossed and he looks like he's got a plan
"Go stand in the corner"
"Cap no please," I say not wanting to be spanked that hard again
"No belt peter just go stand in the corner," he says I get a little confused but get out of bed reluctantly I go stand in the corner where the two white walls meet I don't hear anything happen
"You're going to stand there until you decide to talk," I think to myself that this won't be so hard I can stand here all day I see cap get a book out and start reading then I realize he could be here all day too.
time passes and I start to clear my head a little a feel a little more relaxed and clear headed. I don't know how long it has been but my legs are getting tired and I want to lay on my bed. I just want to apologize to cap and to get this over with. I close my eyes because they feel strained and tired but it doesn't really help when I've been standing for who knows long. I don't want to tell him about that cat girl that I saw I just don't he doesn't need to know about her that's my business I want something in this life to be just mine to keep I don't understand why they are dying to know. Cap already knows everything about me you got to draw the line somewhere.
"Are you ready to talk yet peter"
"Why do you want to know so badly"
"Because it's my responsibility to know"
"No, it's not," I say starting to feel a lump in my throat
"Why are you dying not to tell me"
"Because it's none of your business," I say with my voice cracking. I see cap go back reading and I try to not cry. When I saw this girl I knew she needed help when she saw she looked terrified I knew when I saw her she could be a friend. She is some kind of superhuman maybe mutant or inhuman but it doesn't matter she needed some kind guidance it looked like she was a cat or something I know she's probably afraid of the cops finding her and putting her in some superhuman prison I once had the same fear when I first got my powers. I just want to know who she is and want to do it by myself for once. In this situation, I know cap can do this all day I don't really have a choice at this point but to tell him the truth. Beside my feet were really hurting from standing so long.
"Cap?"
"Yes Peter"
"I'm ready to talk"
"Ok good, now why were you an hour late home today" I take a deep breath
"Well there was girl and she was in the bushes then she ran away and I tried to chase her and then she had claws and climbed up a building and then she had a tail and when I caught up to her she was gone so I had to wait for second the bus to come and get here" I take pant a little because I said all that without taking a breath
"Your lying"
"No, I'm not"
"We're going to sit here tell you to decide to tell the truth"
"But that is the truth, I swear!" Cap just opens his book again and continues to read I just shove my head into the walls and wonder why I bother trying.
It's been a while now I'm sitting on my knees with my nose to the wall I'm not sure if he noticed or not that I'm not standing it doesn't really matter though.
"Cap please let me get up," I say pleading with him
"Not until you tell me what really happened"
"I DID!" I say finally breaking out into tears. Cap comes off my bed and kneels down next to me
"Peter is that really what happened"
"Yes!" I say through my tears I couldn't help but cry I was just getting really frustrated with cap he just wouldn't listen to me
"Ok Pete I believe you," he said he pulls me into a big hug I think he didn't really believe but tell that I couldn't take much longer I didn't hug him back. his big arms were around me in a bear hug. I look at the clock it has been almost two hours now wonder I'm tired I stay there and finally hug him back.