I can't...

This was the night. Jungkook will most definitely comfort him.

Although the situation itself felt as if it would be awkward to bring up since it happened a few days ago... Jungkook didn't much care anymore. He didn't want to wait around and have Jimin another mental breakdown for the sake of asking; just one was enough and shouldn't have even happened in the first place.

Jimin had only stayed one place most of the time ever since his breakdown. Of course, this meant that Jungkook knew where he was huddling at this very moment. Jungkook didn't enter, too much in fear he would say the wrong thing and honestly he was fucking terrified he'll fuck it right up.

But... He had to try harder than ever now.

It was very much obvious Jimin was still hurting, so Jungkook needed to do something.

The boy exhaled slowly as he pushed the door open to enter the room. Noticeably it wasn't very bright in the room; the lights were off. However, even in the dimmed lighting, he could still manage the darker form that was lying under the sheets of the bed thanks to the ray of light from the hall. His heart throbbed at the mere sight of Jimin looking so depressed... If the mental breakdown and the distant talking wasn't a reminder, this surely clicked in mind.

"Hey, Kookie." Jimin seemed to figure out a delighted tone while speaking - it almost seemed normal, but the vampire wasn't facing him and didn't make an effort to do so and that in itself was concerning. "Do you need anything?"

With his feet softly stepping into the room, the boy pulled a smile to help relieve pressure for himself. "I need to... talk to you." With shaky breathing, he had finally managed to say the thing he had wanted to since the beginning. While he sat down on the near side of the mattress, Jungkook watched as Jimin's back head slightly moved, though had quickly halted. It was almost as if he wanted to see him... But he was refraining himself.

"What is it? Is anything wrong?"

Jungkook licked his lips and chewed the skin a bit. "I... Uh, well... Jimin, t-this is about three days ago."

Jimin remained silent, yet somehow he felt like the vampire was nervous now that he had brought it up again.

"Do you remember?"

Once again, more silence. Jungkook wondered if Jimin was even the type to speak out his problems at this point; perhaps Hoseok was wrong...?

"Y-yeah."

Or perhaps Jungkook was.

With a slow exhale, he continued. "I don't feel the same way you do. About you thinking you're not good enough. That's-that's how you feel, right?"

Jimin didn't mumble anything further nor did he nod or shake his head. What was he feeling right now? Kookie was scared to know what Jimin was thinking. He was scared about Jimin's thoughts. He really didn't want the boy to think anything less of himself than he should... 

"You know..." Jungkook looked away for a moment, and then crawled further on the bed. He made sure that he flipped himself under the coverts and placed his chest against Jimin's back with his arm overlapping the vampire's body. It was as if a weight had lifted over the both of them; it felt like forever since they'd cuddled. Jungkook immediately felt Jimin's smaller hand softly caress his, causing him to squeeze tighter so they wouldn't let go. "You really do care for me, Jimin. And you take care of me well. I don't understand why you--"

"I-I stayed away because I thought you hated me..."

Jungkook swallowed. All he could see was Jimin's grey hair but he could tell that the vampire was absolutely miserable about himself. "You have every right to leave me..." A long pause, "... Every right."

Jungkook was scared; he didn't ever want to think of running away from Jimin. How was he supposed to tell him he was going to stay? Hoseok... Hoseok said... "... Never." The younger boy finally mumbled, "I love you too much to ever hate you."

It did feel reassuring to hear that - for the both of them - yet it still felt like there was something missing. Something so big was missing and he wasn't sure how to say it. Jungkook tried thinking of what else to say, yet anything that came to mind felt embarrassing to say out loud. 

Was Jungkook still too... too immature for love? 

The young boy squeezed Jimin's sweaty palm, processing things to say but he just... He just couldn't! Jungkook didn't know what to say. Then, the hair in front of him started shuffling; the older boy's head moved so he could take a glimpse at Jungkook with the saddest smile Kookie had ever seen.

"Thank you, babe..." Jimin closed his eyes, the smile now dissipated as if it never happened, "I know you're trying. Such a good boy for doing that..." He pressed on further, but it made Kookie feel extremely uncomfortable.

This wasn't supposed to be about him! It was supposed to be about Jimin...!

Though, just as usual... Jungkook was too scared to press on further. All he did was hesitantly squeeze Jimin into a harder hug. Hands soon pressed against his face; he could feel Jimin's thumbs rub on the damp skin around his cheeks.

"Hey, sweetie, don't cry." Jungkook lifted his eyes up to Jimin, who was now facing him with a soft smile; Jungkook didn't feel like this resolved anything... He couldn't, because he could still see how much pain was in Jimin's eyes. He could still see how much Jimin hated himself. "I'll be back to normal soon... You've been good for keeping up with this ugly side of me."

But... You're not ugly, Jimin...

That's what I've been trying to say this whole time......

"Hey, Jimin?"

"Yes, snowflake?"

"You know, you-you have really pretty eyes." 

And perhaps for the first time since they had met, Jungkook had noticed a soft shade of red cover the vampire's cheeks. And he had to admit; it suited Jimin's face extremely well. 

    ♦♦♦ 

hello i am back