~Chapter 5~

~Breanna~

I woke up today in a place I didn't recognize as my home. With brown floral wallpaper and beige carpet and old lady drapes on the windows, it was nothing like my room that was now a pile of nothing. Why did my house have to flood?

After school today, my mom and I are moving into her friends house and we're going to stay there while they help us pay for a new house.

I put on a white top with my gray leather jacket and black ripped jeans embroidered with a red flower and Vans Sk8 Hi's.

(Pretend she is wearing Vans Sk8 HI's instead of the heels and he her hair is like the one in the pic.)

I grabbed an apple and got in my car. I drove off to school and met my friends at our usual spot.

"Hey girl." I greeted and they turned to me. "Hey Brea." They said at the same time.

"So how are you making progress in the bet?" Cree asked and I sighed, "Not much but its only been a few days. He complemented me but then I realized it was because I had sat in gum. Then he apologized." I explained and she nodded. "Better start making progress soon. Three months could go by pretty quick." She warned.

"I can do it, Cree. I'm not you." I glared. "What's that supposed to mean?" She put a hand on her hip. "Oh nothing." I turned away and she glared at me. "Guys, senior ditch day is tomorrow. You excited?" Jade asked happily.

"Not really. I'm not one to get in trouble." Lizzy said. "Oh come on! You wont get in trouble, Liz. If the entire 12th grade is ditching then they can get mad at indivusal people." Cree urged. "I don't know. I think I'll stay here at school." Lizzy said. "Okay then. Don't come crying to us when you are the only one in all of your classes." Cree laughed.

"Guys. Is it just me or is Thomas Kuc staring at Cree." I asked and Cree blushed. "He's not staring at me... he's staring at you!" Cree blushed. "Cut the chase, I know you like him." I laughed. "I do.." She breathed. "I really do and I wanted to tell you guys but I had to keep up that act that I hate him and seeing him everyday and calling him names just hurts me so bad and I don't know what to-" I cut off her rambling.

"Go for it, girl. We're rooting for you." I smiled at her. "Thanks guys. I'm gonna go tell him that we're official." She stood up. "Wait what? You guys were already dating?" I asked. "Umm... yea.. we made out in the library a few times." Cree said shyly. "Wow. never knew that. Now go over there and get him, girl!" I pushed her towards him.

We watched her walk over to him and tell him something in excitement and he backed away from her. I couldn't make out what she was saying but her expression changed into a hurt one and walked away from him in anger.

"What happened?" Lizzy tried to hug her but she pushed her off. "Boys are jerks. That's what happened." Cree's eyes welled up with tears. "He told me... that since we had been... in a private relationship... he was dating other girls... and he said he found a girlfriend... better than me.." She cried. "Its okay, Cree. He'll eventually come to his senses and want you back." I reassured her and she shook her head.