"What about Owen?"

After I had paid for my book I went off to go find Ruby which was not hard at all seeing that she was looking through one of the clothing stores glass frames.

"Where have you been I've been looking for you," she says crossing her arms with the two bags that were wrenching her arms. "Clearly," I say in a sarcastic tone.

"Well enough shopping for me today I may only have two bags but this cost a lot more then you would think." She take's my arms in hers as we walked. She pointed to stores that she thought I would like to enter.

I said yes and ended up in the kid's section but I bought something. A unicorn suit it was pink baggy and lovely it looked warmed and I had even tried it on. Ruby said I was a child at heart which you can say is true saying that I still watch SpongeBob and teen titans

We stopped at a couple more stores and the more time we toke Ruby would throw stuff at me telling me to try on some were decent and some just would make me want to pass out instantly. Sometimes I question her sense of fashion

We then entered another store but seemed very new to the mall here. "HOT TOPIC"

We ran through the stores as I picked out tees and jeans but just has Ruby promised a hoodie at hand. I grabbed serval hoodies but got Ruby to get the one with IPREVAIL.

One of my favorite bands. You might say I have a weird taste in music which also may be true.

I was now holding 2 bags in one arm and 3 in the other.

We finally left as we throw our stuff in the back of my car. It had gotten pretty late and the street lights were already on. We decided to go eat Mc Donalds and Ruby could spend the night again.

We ended up going home right after and we set our bags at the end of my bed as Ruby and I rampaged through the new bags and tried on some things. I for one just sat down seeing the showcase of a performance of Ruby and her new clothing as for I just decided to wear my suit.

Ruby went to and fro from the bathroom walking as if she were running through a broadway runway. She could as well get any part into a Modeling job as gorgeous as she was and yeah maybe I was a little jealous of her great looked that was blessed upon her but that doesn't make me where I want her to not get or complete any of her dreams that she wants or deserves.

You would think her life is as perfect as the act she pulls from time to time, Her father is an alcoholic ever since his wife Ruby's mom died. It was tragic horrible and Ruby didn't stop crying for months but she's coping and will never forget her. The thing is it sent her dad into a horrible spiral of drinking all the time night sometimes even during the day.

Ruby would usually come to my house just to get away from him because sometimes he can get aggressive and start screaming but she is strong and my mother knows too well about the situation.

My mother even tried helping him out giving him a number to call and setting up a meeting for him to attend to which she didn't.

During all of this Ruby was quiet and I guess she learned or at least accepted what had happened. Her grades dropped a bit and she began having these dreams that would make her wake up sweaty and as if she had been having a heart attack.

At least we have a little something in common with our situation with our parents.

That reminded me that I should ask my mother why my father just decided to go without warning without care nothing.

"Urgh I'm tired" I looked to my left seeing the same girl who was hurt so much by sudden events beside me looking at me in a great honor. She really was a good best friend even if she was sometimes crazy.

"Go to sleep," I said taking my taco pillow and pounding her face with it.

We laughed as we just laid back sitting in bed staring at the ceiling.

"Hey Gracie"

"Yeah?"

"Do you really think you can win this bet with Max?" Ruby had asked

"Of course. I can never even imagine falling in love especially with Max."

"Why do you think he's a bad guy or something not that I don't want you to win but I don't think he's going to budge at least what I've seen of him."

"I don't think he's a bad person or anything we all have our reasons for who we are I don't really care who he is as a person I just know that I'm not going to fall in love with him or anyone for that matter," I said proudly of my answer

"What about Owen?" That caught my attention I turned over facing Ruby meeting her bright hazel eyes

"I thought I did, but the truth is, I never loved Owen."

Hi, I know this chapter is a little short but I just wanted to complete where I had left off and plus I had wanted to give a little background on Ruby and her dad. Well for now good luck everyone and just a heads up next chapter is in Max's POV during all of this were happening. <3 Much Love