Chapter 6

YYAYYY! 2 chapters in 1 day! I feel so productive XD cuz I just couldn't leave it at a sad ending! so here ya go! :)

Remember,

Vote! :D

Comment! :D

Fan! :D

CHAPTER 6

Picking up the piece of broken glass, I slit it toward my wrist.

I felt a sharp pain in my wrist and I dropped the glass, watching as my hand slowly turned red. Suddenly, I felt lightheaded, and I fell to the ground, shaking my head. I'm sorry, Dan...Luke...for bringing you pain.

"Lucille..." I whispered..."I'm coming..."

Then I blacked out.

In my dream, I thought I heard Dan crying and shaking me. But he wouldn't, right? Not in real life...not again...not ever again...

Feeling a pain in my left wrist, I slowly opened my eyes, seeing white walls surrounding me. Was I in heaven? And those people were angels, right? Such beautiful angels who smiled at me and didn't hate me...

"You're awake." I was brought back to reality by the nurse's voice, "Such a young girl...why would you suicide? And besides, you have another life to look over now." she looked at me in pity and walked away again. So...I was the in the hospital, I thought bitterly. I wasn't dead. Wait...what did she mean, another life?

I pulled out the IV needles in my skin, feeling a slight pain, but I ignored it. Shakily running up to her, I grabbed her shoulder, forcing her to look at me.

"What do you mean, another life?"

"You didn't know? You're three weeks pregnant."

I stared at her, letting it sink in? I was pregnant? With Luke's child? I unconsciously put on my hand on my stomach, wanting to feel evidence of life there, but it was flat, like always. Was it possible to love something you didn't know about until a minute ago? If it was, then I guess I loved my baby, right? I mean...all mothers have to love their babies, right?

The nurse smiled at me, seeing me deep in thought, and walked away.

In a daze, the only thing I thought was...I have to tell Luke. My feet started heading toward the hospital entrance. But...I stopped. Luke wouldn't want it, right? After knowing it was ours? I still needed a plan though, so I headed toward the doors, walking outside.

Luke's POV

"Mira suicided..." Dan's voice sounded at the other end.

"What?" I whispered, unable to believe it. Mira was strong. She wouldn't suicide.

"She nearly died...I guess we were too harsh. I mean, we should've believed her, right?" Dan's voice, full of anger at himself, repeatedly asked.

"Where is she?" I croaked. I had to see her.

"I left her because I had some stuff to take care of, but she's at FirstCross Hospital on Independence..."

I shut my phone and quickly walked toward my car. I had to see her. Even if I haven't forgiven her, I had to see her at least once.

Climbing in, I sped all the way to the hospital, my head filled with images of Mira's face, and her lying motionless on the ground. My heart pounding, I quickly walked in the doors, nearly bumping into a girl with in a hospital gown walking out. Running to the front desk, I said,

"Mira Sloner."

"Room 143." she said, giving me the once over. But I couldn't care. I dashed over to the room to find the bed empty. Panicking, I remembered the girl I passed. That must have been Mira! I sped back and saw her 100 feet away at the curb outside. But a black van suddenly pulled up next to her and opened the doors. Two men came out and grabbed her while she wasn't noticing, into the car. Then they quickly sped off.