6. Progress

My first night using my room was a rough one; I keep tossing around and only sleeping for brief periods of times. I ultimately find out I was more comfortable by putting the blankets on the ground, but by that time the sun was already raising and I choose to get up. I was still not very fond of the clothes that Red Beryl had given me, even more now that Rutile had asked me to return her the cloth I had been using to cover my legs. I thought about asking Red Beryl to make me something more like the clothes of that figure I had seen in my mind, the bowman dressed in red and black. If I had read her personality correctly, she will accept enthusiastically to the idea of a new project.

Before that, however, I went to the infirmary to see the progress of the twins' fixing.

—It is done —Rutile said with a tired voice, she was lying on the frame of one of the windows, trying to cover her eyes with her forearm.

—Good job, Rutile-sama —I said as I inspected the Amethyst. They had been fixed properly, but I couldn't help to notice they weren't breathing. For a moment I panicked, but then I remembered they were Lustrous, they didn't needed to breathe. I paused, and locked at myself, questioning if I was breathing.

—Ahhhhhhhhh! —I heard a faint scream approaching, with the correspondent footsteps, until Phos finally appeared from behind one of the huge pillars, almost slipping away. Her clothes were all disheveled, as she probably had put them on a hurry.

—Are they alright?! —she said trying not to yell. A shoe hit her right in the forehead, producing a crack.

—Yes, they are alright, they are only sleeping, now shut up so I can sleep! —Rutile angrily said, her hand still on the position she had after throwing her shoe.

With all that, the three of us didn't notice that the twins had opened their eyes.

—Phos... —Eighty Four said.

—Shirou-san... —Thirty three added.

—We are sorry! —Both of them said.

—We were trying to impress you and got careless...

—They could have captured all four of us for that mistake...

—No — Phos replied—, if I hadn't taken Shirou to explore, we hadn't been distracting you and--

—Will you shut up already! —Rutile yelled—, You all made mistakes, learn from them, and let this cute and tired doctor sleep!

With that as our cue, we abandoned the infirmary. The Amethyst went to their room to get their clothes while I followed Phos.

—Rutile was right, we need to work hard to not make the same mistakes of yesterday —She said, raising her fist.

I mentioned it was hard to take her seriously with her face cracked as it was. She looked at her reflection on a nearby pond, frowning and making faces at it, and then throwing a glare at me.

—Wait here —she told me and went back to the infirmary trying to be as quick as possible, but I heard the noise of several plates falling over, followed by a very angry yell from Rutile, and then Phos appeared running away from there while carrying a small container. As she passed next to me, she pulled me from the hand and I had to follow her. We ended up hiding behind a corner.

The container that she had borrowed, was filled with some kind of powder that painted their skin almost white, and she asked me to apply it to where the cracks had appeared. After that, she convinced me to put some in my arms, legs, and face. The sensation was weird, but somehow, it made me feel like I was actually seeing my own limbs instead of some kind of prosthetic.