42. Departure

The MoonCell, as Caster explained it, was a super advanced computer build on the center of the original moon of the planet. Their makers were unknown even to her, as it has been there since before humans appeared. It had stood there for millennia, all through the human history, observing and registering everything that happened in the surface. It was so powerful it could even recreate several worlds inside of it. And when humans died, their souls were stored there.

—But then, what about the Lunarians? —I asked—, wouldn't they also be sent to the MoonCell?

—Indeed. It doesn't make sense that they are still here if they were once humans. Maybe they are lying, or maybe the MoonCell is the place where they are supposed to go after they have received prayers. There is just not enough information —Caster said with her hand on her chin—, but what worries me is the vision we had. If those are the human souls inside of the MoonCell... why were they so desperate?

—You don't have any idea?

—A few, actually, but they are all speculations. We can't waste time thinking about it when we have more important things to do right in front of us. But... Phos —she held my hands and looked directly at me—, when we finish this, could you help reach the MoonCell?

—O-of course! —I said.

I wouldn't dare to deny any request she could make after all she had done for us. Even more, if everything went right, we will end up in control of all the moons and we could search for the MoonCell at our leisure. She let a sigh of relief, and after asking me to not disclosure this with anyone else, she dispelled the hex she had placed on that room. We started to eat some muffins that Cinnabar had recently baked. Cinabar himself returned after a few moments carrying Shiro the dog, and fed him a couple of the muffins, making him do a few tricks to get them. I felt a bid bad for eating right in front of whom had baked them with him being unable to taste them, but Cinnabar insisted he wasn't interested on eating; only cooking and maybe a bit into seeing people enjoying eating what he had cooked.

—Phos, I heard you made some sort of truce with the Lunarians. I'm not entirely convinced of their intentions, but that's beyond me —Cinnabar suddenly said—, but what are we supposed to do with those that came with you?

I almost chocked with the muffin I was eating. In my tired and hungry state, I had completely forgotten about them. I rushed upstairs and out of the school, where they were still standing on their vessel, a few meters above the ground. Everyone was still there, and Bort was watching the vessel very intently.

—Hey! What are you doing? Come down here!

—W-we tried, but Bort Diamond-sama keeps glaring and growling at us —Mantis said, as she and other three sundries peaked from the edge of their vessel.

—Bort, could you please relax a bit? They surrendered already.

—I do not like this, and I'm sure neither would Sensei —she said, throwing me daggers with her eyes, but still she retreated a bit.

The Lunarians landed and step on the ground. The vessel collapsed into a small statue inside of a transparent prism, and one of them picked it up. I stood between them and everyone else who had gathered, only Cinnabar and Caster were missing. Assassin said she was going to walk on the beach and left us.

—As I said before, this Lunarians represent a fraction of their tribe that rebelled against Franny because... they needed Sensei, and she broke her promise of not hurting him —I explained to them how many of them were against Franny but were forced to work for her.

Bort was again angry when I told them I had agreed on helping them on their rebellion, almost not letting me explain we would receive our brothers that had been stolen, as well as a cease of fire from them, and we'll have the chance to end the grail war. I also told them that Mantis had sabotaged their vehicles, so the enemies were stuck on the moon and we'll be more or less safe for two weeks.